Full Job Description
Full-Time Clinical Faculty: Physician Assistant Studies
Job Number: 495557
Campus: North Haven – North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University invites applications for a 12-month clinical faculty role in the Physician Assistant Program. As a Principal Faculty Member in the program, this person will have responsibilities for didactic and clinical instruction.
The position is a full-time, 12-month position. Candidates who are licensed Physician Assistants with relevant experience and qualifications are encouraged to apply. A weekly clinical practice day may be considered and negotiable at the time of job offer.
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women’s rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women’s basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Regular participation in programmatic assessment activities
- Monitoring of student performance in the didactic and clinical years including attainment of competencies and progression.
- Co-coordination of the program’s remediation and student success system
- As a part-time member of the clinical team, regularly performing clinical site visits
- Participate in all department-required faculty activities
- At the discretion of and appointment by the Department Chair participate on committees
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair/Program Director
- At the direction of the Department Chair/Associate Chair, assist and participate in representation of the ELMPA and graduate PA programs during recruitment events, welcome weekend, admitted students’ weekend and open houses
- Teaching and Course Coordination
- Actively participate in the remediation and academic coaching of didactic and clinical students
- Carry an annual course load of 12 credit-hours, or the equivalent contact hours
- Participate in regular peer review and psychometric evaluation of assessments
- Participate in student exam review sessions
- Student Advisement
- A fairly distributed portion of the students in the clinical phase of the program
- Regular advisement and coaching of students needing additional support
- Others as needed, at the discretion of the Department Chair/Program Director
- Master’s degree from regionally accredited institution in the United States required
- Doctorate degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution in the United States preferred
- Minimum of 3 years current clinical experience as a PA
- Minimum of 1 year part-time/full-time teaching at the collegiate level
- Current NCCPA certification and eligibility for licensure in the State of Connecticut
- Strong interest in student remediation and student success coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Physician Assistant / medical education experience
- Documented experience in student remediation and student success coaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: February 05, 2024 Eastern Standard Time Applications close: