This job posting is expired. You can find similar job postings below.
Full Job Description
Functions as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the Primary Care division, Department of Internal Medicine. The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will participate in all aspects of patient care, and will participate in the supporting roles of consultant and educator as indicated.
- Independently assess, diagnose, & develop treatment plans for patients in the area of Primary Care in accordance with protocols and standards of care.
- Promote a schedule of health promotion examinations and interventions in our patient population
- Obtain medical histories, perform physical examinations, and prescribe, dispense or deliver medications under a collaborative practice agreement.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings and orders appropriate diagnostic studies.
- Provide anticipatory guidance and counseling to patients/families.
- Document patient assessment and plan of care in the medical record and generate appropriate outgoing correspondence.
- Be familiar with documentation requirements to insure proper billing.
- Initiate and coordinate referrals to other health care team members or agencies.
- Serve as a consultative resource to nursing staff.
- Participate in the development, utilization and evaluation of resources to meet patient/family educational needs.
- Provide education to external agencies, community and other health professionals.
- Participate in development and implementation of divisional and departmental quality assessment/improvement/research programs and processes.
- Monitor task module of the electronic health record to insure timely response.
- Responsible for administrative activities and special projects as assigned.
- Contribute toward the achievement of divisional and departmental goals.
- Participate and contribute to activities that enhance clinical expertise and nursing knowledge.
- Participate in professional nursing activities in the division, community and professional organizations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, residents and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MPA is required. Physician Assistant must be a licensed PA by the Virginia Board of Medicine and a certified Physician Assistant.
Nurse Practitioner’s must have MSN and must be a licensed RN by the Virginia Board of Nursing and a certified Nurse Practitioner.
Schedule II prescriptive eligibility
Knowledge of or experience working with: persons with chronic pain management; vascular disease; pulmonary disease is preferred.
Intermediate knowledge of and experience with personal computer
Intermediate word processing skills required
Location : Location: US-VA-Norfolk
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
Extraordinary Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Serving Veterans
- Norfolk, VA
- $105,000 - $132,000 a year