Full Job Description
In this position, the individual will be involved with an interdisciplinary team of physicians, fellows, nurse practitioners/physician assistants, nurses and other staff to coordinate the care of individuals on the pulmonary service. The individual will provide inpatient care, assess patient history, and provide care. The individual will also spend a portion of their time assisting with the care of Cystic Fibrosis patients in outpatient clinics.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
2. Formulates the medical plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition.
3. Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
4. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
5. Performs selected invasive procedures for therapeutic and/or diagnostic reasons within scope of validated competence.
6. Initiates and/or recommends medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatment and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy.
7. Complies with medical records regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities.
9. Counsels patients, families and significant others about health and illness, and promotes health maintenance.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
Demonstrated clinical competence and in-depth knowledge of specialty area.
Demonstrated leadership, teaching, research and communication skills.
Ability to provide care appropriate to the population served.
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician’s Assistant from the State of Utah.
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Certification in ACLS/BLS/NRP/ATLS may be required by your department or by privileging criteria.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (
383 University Street, Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at
For more information:
To inquire about this posting, email:
or call 801-581-2300.
service, may elect to enroll in
if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from
are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed to practice as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Utah?
- If not currently licensed, but in the process of obtaining PA licensure, please explain, including anticipated licensure date:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Addendum to the University of Utah – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169 after submission
- Appropriate discharge document (such as a DD-214 – Member Copy 4) – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Salt Lake City, UT
- $80 - $95 an hour