Full Job Description
High paced Multi-Clinic Physical Medicine Facility in the DFW area who is seeking a passionate, friendly and motivated Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Candidates should be a highly-motivated, goal oriented, and overall well rounded hard worker who puts patients first. Works within the scope of the medical protocols established by BlueStar Rehabilitation and within the scope of their state’s license, to provide prompt, comprehensive and competent medical care. Works collaboratively with a healthcare team to provide proficient health care to our patients.
- Provides exemplary customer service to patients, visitors and coworkers.
- Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification)
- Performs medical assessments on patients and appropriately documents all relevant information on designated form and/or Electronic Health Records
- Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for patients
- Performs examinations for Workers’ Comp, Dept of Labor, Personal Injury, and Family medical
- Works with management and other staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards
- Assists in scheduling and providing medical coverage for assigned Center and other Centers, if needed
- Promotes, supports, and engages in projects and activities which will develop or improve services delivered through the company.
- Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies
- Performs medical assessment, procedures, and determines treatment recommendations of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, patient records, billing records, scheduling and financial transactions
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with Advanced Practice Nurse Master’s Degree OR
- Graduated from an accredited Professional Physician Assistant Program
- Active Physician Assistant state license or Nurse Practitioner state license
- Active DEA license from State of Texas.
- Board Certified
- BLS Certification
- Minimum 1 year applicable experience in Family Practice and/or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record (EHR) preferred
- Minimum 1 year treating patients autonomously
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50.00 – $75.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Long term care
Ability to Relocate:
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: On the road