Full Job Description
The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Division in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital is recruiting Inpatient Pediatric Hematology-Oncology & BMT Advanced Practice Providers to work in the inpatient setting.
Scope of practice:
- Covers both inpatient hematology/oncology and bone marrow transplant patients for either 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts during the daytime. Shifts may include inpatient Heme/Onc or inpatient Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team including an Attending Hematologist or Oncologist to provide care for current and new inpatients on the acute care floor.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds including medical, nursing, and pharmacy personnel to provide optimal patient care.
- Provides all patient care for assigned patients including but not limited to daily rounding/notes, calling consults, all order writing including chemotherapy, completing admission and discharge planning and paperwork. This includes coordination of care, consenting, and arranging follow up appointments/procedures.
- Ensures appropriate sign-out of patients under their care.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- For Nurse Practitioners: Master’s degree in in Nursing. Acute Care Certification (CPNP-AC) required.
- For Physician Assistants: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Experience Required: None required, though preferred.
- For Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN), and acute care certification (CPNP-AC) required.
- For Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Houston, TX
- $100,000 - $115,000 a year
- Houston, TX
- $115,000 a year