Full Job Description
FHCN seeks a Physician Assistant to provide primary health care to individuals and families at the Practitioner’s assigned site and other satellite sites as assigned. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Included but not limited to the following);
- Provides direct, high-quality, primary medical care to FHCN patients; maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice; and continually strives to improve the quality of care at FHCN.
- Provide or arrange for comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic setting, including laboratory and diagnostic workup, and specialty referrals.
- Uses his or her best professional judgment while practicing medicine at FHCN within his or her scope of practice. Works interdependently with other health care providers and health care staff in a team environment.
- Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with FHCN credentialing/privileging policy.
- Consult with and coordinate patient care with clinic physicians, covering community primary care clinicians, specialists, pharmacists, nurses, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Assess patient needs and arrange for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and complete documentation in patient records in accordance with FHCN policy.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
- Renders care to FHCN patients in accordance with quality and standards as are established by FHCN, the standards of care prevailing in the community, applicable law, and according to state and federal grant requirements for non-discrimination regardless of status, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, age, or ability to pay.
- Collaborates with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to identify and address the complex issues which may adversely impact the health of homeless clients.
- Participates as an effective team member in the provision of medical and health care.
- Facilitates client participation in self-care by providing information and choices in a non-judgmental, respectful manner.
- Takes initiative when appropriate to determine ways to deliver health care in a more compassionate, expedited, user-friendly manner.
- Maximizes community linkages while acting as advocate for patients.
- Provides after hours care via call service and during extended hours and weekends as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and facilitate completion of tasks.
- Experience in FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center) industry preferred
- Requires strong organizational skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be computer literate in accounting software excel, word and outlook.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion in managing patient and employee issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years private practice experience or 1 year experience in a community health center.
- Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Current licensure with the State of South Carolina to practice as a Physician Assistant.
- Current certification with the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants, Inc.
- Graduation from a program accredited by the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Charleston, SC