Full Job Description
Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Physician Assistant to provide services for the VA Medical Center in Fayetteville, NC. Join our team, grow your career, and crush your goals at Terrestris.
I’ve never heard of Terrestris. What do you do?
At Terrestris, we leverage technology to create better mission outcomes through better human performance. We form strong client and team relationships through transparency and strive to create an environment where our team can let their excellence shine through. By finding, developing, and incorporating new ideas, we provide memorable services across four primary functional areas: Human Capital, Training & Development, Technology Services, and Operations & Logistics. Rooted in the USMC values of honor, courage, and commitment, Terrestris works to deliver extraordinary value to the American people by helping the Government become more efficient and effective.
So, what will a Physician Assistant at Terrestris do?
You will serve as a dedicated Physician Assistant at the Fayetteville, NC VA Medical Center, providing comprehensive healthcare to our esteemed veterans. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to assess, diagnose, and treat patients, ensuring the highest standards of medical care. Your responsibilities will include conducting thorough medical histories, performing physical examinations, and formulating treatment plans. In addition, you will actively engage in patient education, promoting wellness and preventive care strategies. Your commitment to compassionate and patient-centered care will contribute significantly to enhancing the overall well-being of our veterans, as you work tirelessly to address their medical needs with professionalism and empathy.
What does a typical day look like for a Physician Assistant look like?
- Start your day by reviewing the patient schedule and familiarizing yourself with the medical records of assigned veterans.
- Conduct patient assessments, taking a comprehensive medical history, performing physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic tests as necessary.
- Collaborate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to develop and implement patient care plans, ensuring the delivery of high-quality and patient-centered care.
- Participate in daily team huddles, discussing patient cases, treatment plans, and any updates with fellow healthcare providers.
- Engage in patient education, explaining diagnoses, treatment options, and preventive measures to veterans, fostering their active involvement in their healthcare.
- Perform various clinical procedures, such as wound care, suture removal, and administering vaccinations, adhering to established protocols and guidelines.
- Assist in managing chronic conditions, adjusting medications, and coordinating referrals to specialty services when needed.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary rounds, presenting patient updates and collaborating with the healthcare team to optimize patient outcomes.
- Document patient encounters accurately and promptly in the electronic health record, ensuring thorough and compliant record-keeping.
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development, attending conferences, workshops, and training sessions to stay abreast of medical advancements and best practices in healthcare.
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be the leader we’re looking for if you have:
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Possession of a valid Physician Assistant license.
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current and unrestricted Physician Assistant license in the state of North Carolina.
- Relevant clinical experience, especially in areas such as internal medicine, surgery, or primary care.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using electronic health records (EHR) and other medical software.
- Adherence to all relevant laws, regulations, and VA policies.
We’re extra impressed by folks with:
- Familiarity with VA healthcare systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and continuing education.
What kind of benefits does Terrestris Offer?
We offer outstanding benefits including health, dental and vision coverage, generous retirement bonus plans. We also believe strongly in maintaining a quality work-life balance, so we offer a leave package that includes Paid Time Off, holidays, sick days and a fun, creative work environment.
Terrestris is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
- Fayetteville, NC: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Fayetteville, NC
- Fayetteville, NC