Full Job Description
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: $120,000.00 $150,000.00
The Department of Neurology at Columbia University is seeking a Physician Assistant (PA) to join the department’s outpatient general neurology clinical practice. The practice serves patients with a variety of disorders including headache/migraine, vestibular disorders, MS, neuromuscular disorders, dementia, movement disorders, stroke, epilepsy, and others.
The PA will work with the attending physicians in the group and be expected to ramp up his/her own schedule of patients over the course of the first year.
Education and training in general and subspecialty neurological care will be provided as necessary.
- The primary responsibility will be outpatient care including independently managing established patients by history and physical exam, reviewing and interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating an impression and plan including education, medication management, ordering follow up tests, making referrals to other specialties as necessary.
- Assist with prescription renewals, prior authorizations, disability paperwork, and returning phone calls. This will include cross-coverage with other PAs/NPs/MDs during vacations
- Seek additional education and supervision when needed
- Inpatient evaluation and care may occur as needed.
- Document, code, and bill as appropriate.
- Practice locations will include the Neurological Institute at the main CUIMC campus, along with the possibility of working in satellite sites in Manhattan, Westchester, and/or NJ. A portion of visits may be conducted over telemedicine.
- There will be opportunities to do procedures such as occipital nerve blocks, skin biopsies, lumbar punctures, and Botox for chronic migraine. Training will be provided as needed.
- There may be opportunities for participation in clinical research protocols.
- Other related duties as requested/required.
- Requires a Master’s degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- New York State PA license
- Able to meet New York-Presbyterian Hospital credentialing requirements.
- Prior experience in an academic outpatient setting is beneficial
- Neurological training and experience is beneficial.
- EMR experience using Epic is beneficial
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- New York, NY
- $128,440 - $158,940 a year
- New York, NY
- $80 an hour