Full Job Description
A member of the professional health care team qualified by academic training and working under the supervision of a physician. Responsible for providing medical treatment to patients performing physical examinations, diagnosing illness, prescribing medication, developing and carrying out treatment plans, ordering and interpreting lab tests, providing preventive health care counseling and arranging for appropriate medical follow up after patient discharge as indicated
- Manage the daily medical needs of patients, including admission medical history and physicial examinations and follow up of medical needs
- Provide clinical services to ensure quality of care and implementation of policies, procedures, rules, regulations, as established by the hospital and regulatory agencies
- Required to follow standard medical practices and approved treatment protocols developed by Montefiore Medical Center and all monitoring agencies (i.e., Joint Commission, OMH)
- Must, at all times, be supervised by a physician
- Write his/her own prescriptions/physician’s orders according to MMC Policy and NY State guidelines
- Support staff education through participation in Director’s Rounds, Departmental Grand Rounds, and meeting CME requirements
- Perform duties and responsibilities with deep commitment to human dignity, respect and basic human rights and expands this commitment to all working relationships with patients, visitors, and fellow employees
- Participate, as required, in all Medical Center performance improvement activities and practice and demonstrate principles of Continuous Quality Improvement in daily work assignment
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-specific needs of the patients served. Includes understanding of principles of individual growth and development over a lifespan, the ability to interpret data relevant to patient’s age-specific needs and application in accordance with those need
- Graduate of an accredited Physician’s Assistant program required
- Registered as a Physician’s Assistant in New York State required
- Current DEA certificate required
- NCCPA certified required
- Must be familiar with computers, general office equipment, physician ordering systems and EMR used by the medical Center
- Must have ability to differentially diagnose medical conditions and treatment of these conditions
The hours for this position are 7:30am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday primarily located at the 260 E 161 Street location. The selected candidate must be able to work varying shifts and at all Wellness center locations at the need of the department.
This is a 100% grant funded position.
Department: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Bargaining Unit: 1199 Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 260 East 161st Street, Bronx Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 7 AM-3:30 PM Req ID: 213890 Salary Range/Pay Rate: $43.31
For positions that have only a rate listed, the displayed rate is the hiring rate but could be subject to change based on shift differential, experience, education or other relevant factors.
To learn more about the “Montefiore Difference” – who we are at Montefiore and all that we have to offer our associates, please click here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values of Montefiore. We are committed to recruiting and creating an environment in which associates feel empowered to thrive and be their authentic selves through our inclusive culture. We welcome your interest and invite you to join us.
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.