Full Job Description
We are currently seeking Physician Assistants to join our esteemed institution at our UBA-WeCARE Program. WeCARE provides a continuum of services to help HRA referred cash assistance clients with medical and/or mental health conditions that affect their employability to attain their maximum levels of self-sufficiency. Individuals referred to WeCARE receive medical and psychosocial assessments to identify possible clinical conditions and social barriers that may affect their ability to participate in work-related activities. Based on the results of the assessments, a determination of an individual’s functional capacity (FCO) is made and a customized service plan by our team is developed to provide a range of services tailored to meet a client’s particular needs. An individual will be referred for a medical evaluation performed by an Evaluating Clinician only in certain circumstances, such as when a client disagrees with a functional capacity outcome (FCO) determination or when an FCO cannot be determined from the assessment. The Evaluating Clinician will function independently with physician oversight.
- Obtaining medical histories
- Performing physical examinations
- Writing medical evaluation notes
- Interpreting diagnostic tests
- Formulating medical and mental health diagnoses
- Evaluating the need for work limitations and reasonable accommodations
- Making determinations of functional capacity with written justifications
- Provide clinical oversight of Social Security Administration disability applications
- Provide medical history summary support letters for clients applying for disability with the Social Security Administration
- Retrieve medical documentation from electronic medical record systems such as EPIC
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Registered as a Physician Assistant in New York State
As a part of our amazing team, you will be collaborating with physicians, psychologists, social workers, rehabilitation counselors, and substance use counselors.
Department: CMO Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 2432 Grand Concourse, Bronx Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 212950 Salary Range/Pay Rate: $110K – $130,000.00
For positions that have only a rate listed, the displayed rate is the hiring rate but could be subject to change based on shift differential, experience, education or other relevant factors.
To learn more about the “Montefiore Difference” – who we are at Montefiore and all that we have to offer our associates, please click here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values of Montefiore. We are committed to recruiting and creating an environment in which associates feel empowered to thrive and be their authentic selves through our inclusive culture. We welcome your interest and invite you to join us.
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.