Full Job Description
LOOKING FOR A PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT OR A NURSE PRACTITIONER WHO IS PASSIONATE ABOUT HEALTHY LIVING, QUALITY OF LIFE, AND WORK-LIFE BALANCE.
Are you a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner burned out by 12-hour hospital shifts? Do you long for real relationships with your patients and the ability to see the long-term impact of your care? Are you a parent considering returning to work needing a flexible work schedule? Or considering retirement but not quite done with helping others on their health care journey, looking for a less stressful way to continue working? Or are you a new provider who is looking for a meaningful job? If any of these apply to you, then a job at our clinics might be the place for you! We have part time and weekends only job opportunities.
The Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner will educate our patients on how to create a lifestyle of wellness that will ensure they have a long and productive life! This is a foundational approach to preventing and treating many chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, etc. You will truly help change lives!
The Medi-Weightloss® Program is not just another diet – it’s a medically supervised and clinically proven approach that helps our patients achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Our professionals focus on preventive medicine. After medical tests and in-depth consultation with each patient, our medical staff creates an individualized and comprehensive plan for each patient.
You and your direct family members can enjoy the benefits of the program with a discount.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Job Functions
· Obtains and reviews patient’s medical history information relevant to patient care
· Conducts physical examinations
· Orders and reviews laboratory studies as well as diagnostic procedures
· Assumes responsibility for prescribing FDA approved appetite suppressants according to state and federal guidelines
· Reviews patient’s progress and manages patient care accordingly
· Maintains all required documentation for patient care and medication management
· Conducts patient consultations
· Provides training to clinical and non-clinical staff as needed
· Documents patient progress notes in the patient chart and/or EMR.
· Conducts consultations with patients regarding the program
· Performs other clinical duties as required
· Conducts follow up calls to patients to discuss the patient’s progress and address any concerns
Our culture and values require that you:
· Be patient and relationship focused and deliver a great experience
· Approach every interaction with empathy and compassion – be aware of a patient’s perspective
· Treat each patient interaction as a step in building a trusting relationship vs a transactional exchange
· Are even keeled, not easily flustered
· Naturally engage with and relate to a wide variety of people
· Appreciate and contribute to a friendly, “feels like family” office culture
· Are naturally compassionate and empathetic
Please see the below links for more details about the clinics.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Malpractice insurance
- Day shift
- Weekends only
- CT APRN or PA license (Preferred)
- DEA (Preferred)
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed