Full Job Description
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Psych NP), have you ever wanted to work somewhere where you can fully use all the skills you learned and see different types of patients every day? Where your work is valued, you are in a safe and secure place, and most of the patients are very appreciative of your care?
NaphCare is hiring a strong Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) or Psychiatric Physician Assistant (PA) – FT/PT/PRN to join our team at the Washoe County Jail located in Reno, NV.
NaphCare is a family owned, medical technology company that has been delivering high quality healthcare to correctional facilities across the nation for over 30 years. Come join our team of over 4000 employees and growing! NaphCare pays well and has an incredibly engaged corporate support team to make sure you have what you need to be truly excellent at what you do.
NaphCare partners with correctional facilities to provide proactive, patient-focused healthcare. We recognize that we serve a unique and diverse patient population, and our onsite teams take pride in bringing excellence in care to a population in great need. Be part of a world-class team of professionals who are revolutionizing correctional healthcare as you use our cutting-edge resources, including our award winning electronic operating system.
This is what our employees say about working in correctional healthcare. “I cannot believe I worked 20 years as a nurse before finding corrections. I have never felt more valued and I love how every day is so different and exciting. I feel safer here than when I worked in the ER.”-Justin, DON
We are happy to train you, so if you are a new grad, we encourage you to apply.
NaphCare Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Prescriptions free of charge through our health plan
- Health, dental & vision insurance that starts day one!
- Lowest Cost Benefits! $77 for single, $282 for family!
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) services
- 100% vested 401K and Roth with company contribution that starts day one!
- Tuition Assistance
- Referral bonuses
- On-site education
- Term life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Generous paid time off (up to 4 weeks/year) & paid holidays (8)
- Free Continuing Education!
NaphCare has a partnership with NetCE that provides CEU/CME for our staff. NetCE uses a rigorous peer review process to ensure that all activities and content are up-to-date. This service streamlines continuing education for all NaphCare Employees to meet state specific requirements for maintaining licensing.
- Active, unrestricted license as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, along with psychiatric certification (PMHNP) or similar; OR Physician Assistant with experience in providing psychiatric care
- Provide direct and indirect basic medical care to meet the physiological, psychological, and emotional needs of the patient within the framework established by the correctional system.
- Obtain history and perform mental health examination to determine patient health status and communicate all findings.
- Respond to and initiate care for mental health emergencies throughout the facility.
- Schedule and perform laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Formulate a working diagnosis, develop and implement a treatment plan, and evaluate/modify therapeutic regimens to promote positive patient outcomes.
- Maintain overall mental health responsibility for the management of mental health/clinical issues of each patient, including those services provided by consultants and outside resources. Track and understand the healthcare activities undergone by each patient for whom NaphCare had responsibility.
DailyPay for PRN shifts- choose when you get paid by making your earnings available before payday.
We know you may have questions before applying. To speak to a recruiter directly, email your questions and/or resume to [email protected] with the position and location you’re interested in.
We support your growth and internal promotion. Once hired, we encourage our employees to continue to seek opportunities for advancement and leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
#Correctional Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #Jail Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #Naphcare #Everhealth #Benefits # Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #Detox #Patient Care #County Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #State Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #Government Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #Veteran Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) #Fixed schedule #New grads #New Graduates #Low Cost Benefits #PRN #Part Time #Full Time #Short Term Contract #Travel Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)