Full Job Description
As a Physician Assistant at Radiance Ketamine Clinic, you would be a part of a dynamic growing company that is raising the standard in the care of treatment-resistant mental health conditions. We focus on the quality of care and provide our healthcare professionals the support, respect and responsibility their advanced medical degree deserves. This position involves treating patients with treatment-resistant mental health conditions. The nature of the position allows the Physician Assistant the opportunity to apply their medical training across a broad spectrum of mental health conditions. The future of mental healthcare relies on the brightest minds and biggest hearts. Join Radiance Ketamine Clinic and be part of the team revolutionizing mental healthcare.
The ideal candidate will be personable, hardworking, compassionate, empathetic, and have a genuine passion for serving a wide variety of patient populations, and have at least 1 year of physician assistant experience.
- Promote and maintain patient’s health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contribute to a physician’s efficiency by identifying short-term and long-term patient care issues.
- Perform initial medical consultations to evaluations the medical appropriateness for ketamine and other forms of treatment.
- Perform assessments to determine the response and any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Provide support for patients before, during and after their treatments.
- Talk with referring providers regarding the requirements for treatment and any other questions that they may have.
- Perform peer-to-peer interviews with insurance companies, when needed, to assist with preauthorization requests.
- Recommend options and courses of action for patient care.
- Monitor patient’s progress and make appropriate adjustments to treatment.
- Implement physician directives.
- Assess patient’s health by interviewing patients and performing physical examinations, including obtaining, updating, and reviewing medical histories.
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering assessment scales, diagnostic tests and laboratory studies; as well as interpreting test results.
- Document patient care services provided.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and infusions.
- Instruct and counsel patients by providing evidence-based information.
- Provide community of care by developing and implementing patient-management plans.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and clinic staff and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Comply with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develop health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experimental growth opportunities.
Work Hours and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- 100% malpractice insurance coverage (claims-made with tail provided)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Set amount per shift that is based on experience
Schedule: 8-hr and10-hr shifts
Saturdays: 9am-5pm (will change to 9am-7pm)
Work for a fast-growing and fun company that is changing the way mental healthcare is delivered. We pride ourselves on having great culture and going the extra mile for all of our teammates.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Empathy for the challenges that our patients face
- Excellent listening and overall communication skills
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical competence
- Knowledge about mental health conditions and how they are treated (particularly depression, anxiety, PTSD and OCD).
- Great bedside manner
- Non-judgmental demeanor
- Infection control
- Open communication to resolve any issues that may arise
- Administer medication (intravenous, intramuscular, intranasal and oral)
- Pain, anxiety, abnormal VS management
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Have an open mind to new treatment modalities for both mental and physicial health.
- Note: Experience administering ketamine is NOT required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited physician assistant program
- Ability to work legally in the U.S.
- An active, unrestricted Nevada state license
- At least 1 year of clinical experience
- Experience working with the aged, the uninsured, the underinsured, individuals with severe mental health disorders, and/or substance use disorders, preferred.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DEA Controlled Substance Certificate
- Obtain prescribing registration prior to date of hire
- Ability to credential with government-funded and commercial insurers
- ACLS, PALS, BLS certification
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- A great attitude with a desire to deliver the best patient care
Radiance Ketamine Clinic is committed to building an equitable and inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds belong and thrive, and a culture that encourages, supports, celebrates and centers the diverse voices of our employees & clients. We believe that diversity is multivariate and includes race, ethnicity, gender & gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, citizenship, national origin, familial status, genetics, religious beliefs, socioeconomic class, physical status, neurodiversity and parental status.
We are an EQUAL Opportunity Employer.
If extended an offer of employment, candidate MUST provide proof of compliance with COVID, influenza and other vaccines, as well as a CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK in order to complete the hiring process.
Job Type: Part-time
Expected hours: 18 – 20 per week
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- If you are not currently comfortable starting IVs, are you open to learning how to perform this skill?
- Are you able to work every Friday and Saturday?
- physician assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physician Assistant License (Required)
Work Location: In person
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Reno, NV