Full Job Description
Who we are:
Aligned Orthopedic Partners is a well-respected private orthopedic team comprised of highly trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeons devoted to delivering patients with the highest orthopedic care possible. Our commitment to finding the best solutions for individual needs sets us apart from the competition. We take pride in providing exceptional care while remaining friendly, courteous, and efficient. Aligned Orthopedic Partners is recruiting an experienced Physician Assistant to join our diverse group of talented professionals! As a Physician Assistant, you will facilitate the physician’s practice by providing a world-class patient experience. You will take care of all clinical needs with the help of the physician during patient hours, and respond to all administrative tasks accurately and efficiently.
What you will do:
- Come prepared for clinic hours with the necessary documents, notes, and records
- Greet patients and prepare them for the physician by taking a history of injury and/or reviewing previous clinical notes
- Communicate x-ray requests for the patient per physician’s guidelines, if necessary
- Perform the skills needed to run the clinic at a high, efficient level: casting, splinting, drawing up injections, suture/staple removal, post-op dressing removal, ultrasound usage
- Conveys physician’s verbal and written orders accurately and efficiently
- Understand how to utilize various office equipment and clinical software programs the equipment for the physician
- Accurately facilitate lab specimens and place physician’s electronic orders
- Ensure patients leave with their questions answered and have a full understanding of their follow-up instructions
- Leave the exam rooms and work area clean and neat for the next team to use
- Administratively, manage phone system, voice mails, and respond to telephone calls, emails, and other correspondence.
- Understand practice insurance policies and how to implement them in situational circumstances.
- Maintain and monitor physician dictations, and keep complete patient records.
- Comply with all OSHA/HIPPA mandates
- Other job-related duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have received your Bachelor’s Degree
- Are reliable and extremely trustworthy with a background in maintaining confidential information
- Worked for 1+ years in a medical office
- Understand and have experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) and medical terminology
What we offer:
We strive to enrich the lives of our team and offer a variety of health and wellness benefits including medical and dental benefits, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage, a matching 401K program, generous paid time off, and an environment that celebrates continuous learning and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Aligned Orthopedic Partners is an equal-opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background. We celebrate what makes us different and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Bethesda, MD