Full Job Description
Physician assistant / Nurse practitioner position available at a specialized multidisciplinary interventional pain management clinic in Augusta GA. Responsibilities include seeing new and established patients, developing care plans, educating patients regarding their medical conditions and evaluating and treating patients to achieve optimal patient care and doing office procedures. Compensation commensurate with experience. Weekday schedule/some call. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician assistant who enjoys helping people, and the opportunity to develop their skills and patient base. Congenial environment, competitive compensation package, and patient-centered philosophy.
Physician Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains patient health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contributes to a physician’s efficiency by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues.
- Recommends options and courses of action for patient care.
- Implements physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients and performing physical examination including obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as X-rays and laboratory studies and interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in EMR System.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by providing normal growth and development information and providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living.
- Provides community of care by developing and implementing patient-management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
Physician Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical skills
- Informing others
- Medical teamwork
- Physiological knowledge
- Bedside manner
- Infection control
- Administering medication
- Pain management
- Clinical skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- GA State license
- BLS certification
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)