Full Job Description
The APP practices in a clinic as part of a collaborative team that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, and clinic staff. The purpose of this collaborative team is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care. The APP primarily manages the population either in the presence of, or in conjunction with the primary care physician and/or specialist. The APP may see patients in either the outpatient and/or inpatient setting depending on the need of the group. Unless specified, most APP positions are outpatient. The PA acts as an extension of the primary care physician to provide both chronic and acute care to our patients. The APP performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- The APP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification.
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The APP will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG.
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above.
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes.
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Graduate credit for PA/NP Program
- Current Licensure through the Georgia Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Georgia Board
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Macon, GA
- $100,000 - $150,000 a year