Full Job Description
Level-III NICU in the Heart of Central Florida
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to add to our team of five neonatologists and four NNPs at Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC). This is a brand new, state of the art unit, which opened in 2018 along with the Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children.
About the area: Nestled among approximately 40 lakes in the heart of central Florida, Lakeland is one of those rare places that is truly in the middle of everything. It is conveniently located between Tampa and Orlando and is home to just over 100,000 people. While not overcrowded, it has an active urban downtown with cozy suburbs and natural botanical attractions surrounding the lakes. The campus of the local Florida Southern College was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is the home to the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, all in one location. Although in a protected location in the center of the state, Lakeland is still within an easy day trip to the beach and offers sought-after tropical weather year round.
Other interesting facts: Publix originated in Lakeland and there are several large corporations in the city, including GEICO. Lakeland has the second largest airshow in the country, Sun N Fun, and is the home of the Detroit Tigers spring training. Royal swans, whose ancestors were a gift from Queen Elizabeth, decorate many of the area lakes.
- LRMC is the area’s largest hospital offering the only Level-III NICU, as well as the only Level-II trauma center in the county
- 30 private NICU rooms, with an ADC of 20 and 4000 annual deliveries
- Attend high-risk deliveries as well as provide coverage in the 30-bed well-baby nursery
- Schedule of 24 hour shifts, approximately 7-8 per month
- There is MFM support at the hospital as well as pediatric surgeons and other pediatric sub-specialties, all affiliated with Nemours
Must have completed a neonatal residency or have ample NICU experience.
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.