Full Job Description
An Advanced Practice Provider IV (APP IV) is a direct patient care provider licensed in the State of Florida and/or Georgia and provides medical services to patients as defined by their scope of practice and under the supervision of a physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida/Georgia.
Clinical Area: Provides care primarily in the inpatient and/or critical care, Labor & Delivery and/or emergency department settings; > 50% inpatient hospital-based setting.
- Performs or assist with procedures of higher complexity in office, inpatient unit, operating room, or emergency department. May perform first assist functions in the operating room setting. Call coverage may be required specific to departmental needs
•Monitoring or management of medical/ invasive devices and placement of devices within scope of practice. May manage care of Pre-/ post- operative and pre-/ post- procedure patients.
- Conducts high level evaluation and triage specific to the specialty/ subspecialty including patient histories, performs physical examinations and/or diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, differential diagnoses, ordering of ancillary studies, medical decision making, treatment and stabilization.
- Formulates comprehensive health management plans for patients in collaboration with physicians, pharmacists, and other medical professionals to include progress notes, narrative discharge summaries, consults, etc. Facilitates patient participation in making health care decisions.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and expansion of programs and initiatives, including participation in research activities, quality improvement projects, etc., as appropriate. Participates in professional development opportunities and introduces innovation in practice where applicable.
- Enters pertinent clinical information in the patient’s medical record in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with established compliance billing guidelines. Documents and closes open encounters, My Chart messages, and other EMR communications in accordance with institutional requirements.
•Educates and counsels patients/families regarding their health care, including routine health maintenance.•Calls and responds to consults, handles discharge planning, and schedules procedures routinely.
- Actively participates in meetings, functions, events, and committees, as well as in a team of interdisciplinary health care providers
- May provide education and instruction.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of regulatory agency standards (e.g. Joint Commission, HRS, HIPPA), Nursing Standards and Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Capacity to assess patient health and measure/record physiologic and growth indices.
- Knowledge of acute and chronic care protocols, administration of medications, delivering physical care following treatment plan.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of a dependent medical practitioner.
- Knowledge of health promotion principles, techniques and patient learning measurements.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a professional and positive demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of health care team and other clinical services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing.
- Self-directed with sound judgment and able to adapt quickly, handling multiple, competing tasks with appropriate prioritization.
2 yearsCritical Care, Labor & Delivery /ED/OR care settingspreferred
MastersPhysician Assistant training programrequired or
MastersNurse PractitionerrequiredAdditional Details:
May be required to take call coverage
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner Licenserequired orat time of hire
Physician Assistant Licenserequiredat time of hire
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)requiredat time of hire
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)preferredat time of hirePALS Certifiedpreferredat time of hireAdditional Details
FrequencyTravel Requiredup to 25%
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Master’s (Required)
- Physician Assistant License (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Jacksonville, FL
- $100,000 - $125,000 a year
- Jacksonville, FL