Full Job Description
Come join our amazing team of professionals offering total family wellness and healthcare to residents of 7 counties via our 14 offices in North Florida. Our new High Springs location located at 16916 NW Hwy 441 will open in April 2024. The work schedule at this location will vary.
As a non-profit, Federally Qualified Healthcare Center, our mission is to improve health, wellness and life by providing a compassionate medical home, while promoting training and education. Our focus is on meeting patient needs, without regard for the patient’s ability to render payment.
- Student Loan Repayment Available
- Malpractice Insurance Paid
- License Dues Paid by the Employer
- $100k Life Insurance
- 401k with 5% Match
- CME standard coverage (5 days, stipend per contract)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 20 days of PTO per year.
- Quarterly bonuses based on Quality metrics achieved (Productivity, RBU etc.)
Physician Assistants work in collaboration with a supervising physician and other healthcare professionals in the delivery of primary care services. PMG PA duties are tailored to the family unit in which direct care, health promotion, disease prevention and counseling are offered across the patient’s lifespan.
Description of Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for patient care
- Provide necessary medical services to patients of Palms Medical Group within his/her scope of practice and field of training in accordance with stated policies, procedures and protocols of PMG.
- Identify him/herself as a physician assistant and wear identification badge at all times.
- Exhibit professionalism when greeting and treating patients in the clinic.
- Educate, counsel and guide patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Prescribe medication under the supervision of the licensed physician, as defined by state and federal laws, and within his/her scope of practice.
- Develop treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases.
- Perform diagnostic tests, screening evaluations and conduct patient exams.
- Provide other services as granted by delineation of privileges.
- Responsible for coverage
- Be available for contact after hours to treat or triage medical conditions.
- Share in providing coverage for extended office hours of PMG as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for administrative duties
- Read and adhere to the Clinical Policy Manual.
- Assist in medical data collection for UDS and grant applications as directed by the CMO.
- Participate in QA/QI activities as directed by the CMO
- Agree to carry out all required responsibilities of the corporation relative to patient charges, third party reimbursement, etc.
- Maintain the electronic health record per current PMG policies and procedures.
- Advise the appropriate member of management, as defined by the institutions organizational chart, of any problems you perceive with PMG operations.
- Participate in community service and health promotion programs
- Participate in the review of all medical policies, procedures and protocols.
- Perform any other duty assigned by CMO or CEO to improve the efficiency of PMG.
Description of Primary Attributes
- Must be organized, a self-starter and detailed oriented
- Job duties require the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Expected to travel and cover other sites during provider absences
- Expected to coach, mentor and train clinical staff
Professional & Technical Knowledge:
- Follow Safety and OSHA requirements
- Maintain appropriate certifications
- Undergo credentialing, utilization and peer reviews
- Employee will be expected to navigate and operate Microsoft Office suite products, including Word and Excel
Licenses & Certifications:
- Graduate of an accredited two-year Physician Assistant Program
- Current and Valid Physician Assistant license in the State of Florida
- Prefer all Physician Assistant’s to have PA-C status
- Current BLS (basic life support) Certification
- Effectively and tactfully communicates complex and/or technical information to co-workers, patients and/or vendors
- Standing for long periods of time
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Viewing a computer monitor for long periods of time
- Stretching / Reaching
- Walking short distances
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Operating office equipment (computer, fax machines, telephones and copy machines)
- Reading forms / Instructions / Patients Charts
- Communicating well to people of various ages, educational levels, cultural backgrounds in person or by telephone
- Exposure to potentially violent / irate patients
- Making decisions with little guidance
- Health / Safety Consideration of Position:
- Exposure to chemical infectious / contagious illness
- Exposure to chemical and inhalation of antibiotics during reconstitution
- Exposure to X-Ray radiation
- Exposure to a variety of scents and odors
- Must utilize universal precaution in clinical or exposure situations as prescribed by federal state, and local guidelines and /or laws
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Lakeland, FL
- $100,000 - $130,000 a year