Full Job Description
Assists the Primary Care Physicians in providing medical services to patients in specialized areas such as Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and Obstetrics/Gynecology.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Takes patients histories, makes assessments, records and presents pertinent data including emergent cases, to the physician.
- Assists or performs routine laboratory, screening and therapeutic procedures.
- Facilitates the physician’s referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies or resources of the community.
- Administers medication to patients according to established policies.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and written documentation including medical records, as required by the department, company, state and federal agencies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education : Nationally Certified Physician Assistant by State.
Certification/registration: Written Examination for National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistant. CPR Certification
Experience 2 years after completion of training
Supervisory Experience: some experience supervising medical assistants
Equipment Used: Electrocardiogram Spirometer
Technical Knowledge Suturing, Casting
Skills: Other, Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful. Good oral and written communication.
Effort required: Physical Activities Standing/walking/lifting assisting patient transferring from wheelchair
Working Traits Travel to any satellite facilities.
About Us San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family. The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 108,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 47 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees. Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team! San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.Apply on Indeed