Full Job Description
Bay Area Community Services is seeking a Physician Assistant with strong psychiatric/mental health experience to provide services homeless adults in our Amber Crisis Stabilization and Crisis Residential Treatment programs. We need providers who, in addition to their professional qualifications, also have flexibility, kindness, and an ability to work in a team to help people who are underserved in our society.
Physician Assistant Overview
The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide wellness and recovery services to chronic and severe mentally ill adults across multiple Alameda County sites. Our programs operate with a wraparound model of care with a team approach to provide integrated services geared towards developing community and natural supports as these adults transition out of the behavioral health care system to community supports. The PA is an integral part of the team which includes a Clinical Care Coordinators, Residential Counselors, LVNs and Program Manager. The team approach is essential and input from all members of a team drive the care for the clients.
- Prescribe and monitor medication for participants and provide ongoing direction of care to the team.
- Provide ongoing consultation on issues of treatment and quality of care to the treatment team and other clinical staff.
- Respond to program emergencies.
- Oversee charting required for County Utilization Review/Medi-Cal purposes.
- Complete documentation necessary for billing Medication Support Services for Medi-Cal.
- Supervise and monitor medication logs to ensure accuracy and conformity with medication policies and procedures.
- Provide consultation and liaison to the local professional community to coordinate treatment when necessary and appropriate.
- Embrace diversity in all aspects and work positively using a teamwork approach.
- Participate in the development and implementation of an ongoing in-service training and continuing education program for staff.
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant Program with MS degree.
- Valid California PA License and Board Certified.
- Experience in outpatient setting.
- Valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage. DMV printout required.
This is a full-time 5 day per week position, days/shifts are negotiable, Amber is a 24/4 7 voluntary CSU/CRT. Hours can be Day shift 8am-4pm, Swing Shift 4pm-12am or NOC 12am to 8am. We do not offer 4 x 10 schedules.
- Highly competitive compensation 80-120 per hour
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees and children
- 33 days off (PTO/Holiday), increasing with tenure
- 403b with BACS matching contribution
- After 1 year of service $3,000 in tuition reimbursement, or student loan payments & CEUs, etc.
- One month PAID sabbatical after 4 years of service – not charging PTO
- Significant internal growth opportunities
- Most direct service positions
How to apply:
Submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
Bay Area Community Services is a CARF accredited non-profit, community-based agency celebrating 65 years of serving Alameda and Solano Counties by providing mental health and social services. BACS’ mission is to uplift under-served individuals and their families by doing whatever it takes. We are proud to be one of the leading agencies producing real outcomes to tough social problems. BACS owes its reputation as an innovator to our innovative and entrepreneurial staff. We are seeking individuals who want to transform clinical practice to be client centered and effective in the field and who want to lead empowered teams to meet goals.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Oakland, CA
- $75,000 - $125,000 a year