Full Job Description
Starting salaries are set in accordance with our compensation plan, which considers multiple individual and organizational factors, including internal equity. To uphold pay equity in alignment with the compensation plan, starting salary ranges are not negotiable. Before applying, please ensure that the compensation for this position meets your needs.Our MissionTo promote the well-being of the underserved by providing access to high-quality healthcare for all, regardless of ability to pay. Our services, activities and governance reflect the Islamic values and moral principles which inspired our founders. These include the core values which are universally shared and revered by society at large: Service, Compassion, Human Dignity, Social Justice, and Ethical Conduct.*Working at UMMA*UMMA is looking for passionate and mission-driven Staff who look to make an impact on the lives of our patients and the members of our community. These roles include Physicians and Medical Staff, Behavioral Health Staff, Administration, and more! For more information on the services we provide, Click HereBenefits and CompensationUMMA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with comprehensive and cost-effective medical plans. Benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program Tuition Reimbursement, loan repayment opportunities, 403(b) savings plan, employee discounts, extended lunch on Fridays, and more!. Our compensation plan also includes paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (accruals begin on the first day of hire), Employee Recognition, and more!!
Provides primary care medical services to the patients of UMMA
* Provides excellent customer service always, to internal and external customers.
- Elicits and records patient’s medical history and social determinants of health.
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition.
- Orders and accurately interprets only necessary laboratory tests, pathology results, radiologist reports in the development and execution of a treatment plan for patients.
- Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies and analyses reports and findings of tests and examinations.
- Prescribes treatments and medication utilizing evidence-based medicine.
- Immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- May provide prenatal care to pregnant women and may provide postnatal care to mother and infant, if applicable.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- May perform minor surgery/procedures based on privileges granted.
- Ability to develop positive rapport with patients and families to foster the physician/patient relationship.
- Active participation in the Quality Improvement Program, Peer Review, Provider and clinical meetings, as well as UMMA’s Coverage and On-call schedule.
- Provide preventative health care services in accordance with HEDIS and other national evidence based standards.
- Ability to manage a patient panel and schedule with an average of 2.5 visits hourly.
- Able to complete patient charting in a timely fashion to support billing levels.
This position may have supervisory responsibility to medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses. He or she may be expected to provide leadership and instruction to volunteers, students, and less experienced staff.
All employees are expected to provide the very highest level of service to Clinic patients and their families. In addition, their work ethic is expected to reflect the Islamic values and moral principles that inspired its founders. These include the core values that are universally shared and revered by society at large:
ServiceCompassionHuman DignitySocial JusticeEthical Conduct
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
* Will spend substantial time walking, standing, sitting, speaking and listening
* Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* May travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to other facilities throughout Los Angeles
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS/ POSITION REQUIREMENTS
*EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:*To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Successful completion and acceptable results of post offer physical examination, proof of COVID 19 Vaccinations and booster, drug screening, and criminal background check.
- License to practice as a Physician Assistant by the CA Physician Assistant Board.
- Active DEA license
- Leadership and/or management skills preferred.
- 3 years Community Health and Medicine experience
- Spanish Language preferred
- Education and training necessary to obtain a medical degree.
- Requires valid license to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in specialty preferred.
- Education, training and experience necessary to meet the underwritten requirements for inclusion under UMMA’s malpractice insurance coverage.
EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE OPERATION
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone, fax
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine
- Audio-visual equipment
- Personal automobile
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- EMR: eClinical Works
- Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135,000.00 – $145,000.00 per year