Full Job Description
Work Schedule :
100% FTE, 4, 10 hour days, Monday through Friday with a variable schedule including a 1:4 weekend rotation.
Be part of something remarkable
As an Advanced Practice Provider, you’ll play an integral role in our care teams by providing high-quality, cost-effective care to patients.
Weare seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to :
- Work in a team-based model to care for a wide variety of cardiology patients alongside residents, cardiology fellows, and attending physicians.
- Perform daily medical management for cardiology patients needing general, IMC, and ICU levels of care as part of a primary service team. This includes management of both acute cardiac conditions as well as other acute and chronic non-cardiac problems such as kidney disease, anemia, electrolyte disturbances, sepsis, pneumonia, diabetes, etc.
- Participate in daily team rounds to adjust plans of care. This includes lab and radiology interpretation, hemodynamic and telemetry monitoring, medication management, mechanical circulatory support device management (for ICU patients), communication with patients and families, participation in multi-disciplinary rounds, consultation of other services, and engagement in teaching rounds.
- Perform admissions, transfers, and discharges and provide holistic care coordination for cardiology patients on the service.
Education : If Nurse Practitioner: Master’s or Doctorate’s degree from accredited Nursing Program. If Physician Assistant: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from accredited PA Program.
Licenses and Certifications : Minimum – State of Wisconsin NP or PA licensure If Nurse Practitioner*:
- Active RN and APRN certifications and licenses, including prescriptive authority, in state(s) of practice AND
- Active board certification as a NP in area of clinical practice. These may include the following: Adult, Adult/Gerontology Acute Care, Adult/Gerontology Primary Care.
If Physician Assistant*:
- Active PA license, including prescriptive authority, in state(s) of practice AND
- Active PA board certification
All Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant applicants must have*: Active DEA license or ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation’s leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
UW Medical Foundation benefits
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Milwaukee, WI
- Milwaukee, WI
- Cudahy, WI