Full Job Description
We are looking for a passionate and caring part-time Physician Assistant to join our team of skilled professionals and provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Joint Base Lewis McChord/ Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington.
Great opportunity to be credentialed with a federal healthcare organization!
- Part-time: 20 hours/week
- Monday – Friday: Day shift
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays
- 3 weeks of PTO and 11 government holidays, totaling 26 days of paid leave!
- Health and wellness, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long and short-term disability
- 401K 2% matching
- Excellent work/life balance
- Great opportunity to be credentialed with a federal healthcare organization serving our veterans and their families
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide diagnostic treatment and medical care to the treatment of diseases and/or injuries. Review current and past medical history of patient. Charting of patient’s outcomes, labs and referrals if needed will be expedited in a timely fashion. All providers shall abide by rules and regulations set forth by the military code of conduct and code of medical ethics.
- Conserve at all cost the patient’s health and wellbeing through the application of diversified knowledge of preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic medical procedures as deemed appropriate.
- Seek advice of consultants and sub-specialists. Attend Grand Rounds and training when offered to providers.
- Oversee and monitor other medical personnel in the care and treatment of patients to include nontherapeutic services such as physical examinations.
- Initiate further testing if appropriate to include, laboratory testing, general X-Ray’s, MRI’s, CT’s, PET Scans, Nuclear Medicine and admissions to the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) as appropriate.
- Review and chart any anomaly patient findings. Abnormalities documented shall be reviewed and signed off by the HCP within five days of receipt.
- Prescribe medications, as appropriate, in accordance with the prescribers Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) privileges, hospital protocol and regulations set forth by Medical Staff Service.
- Prepare documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives, ensuring that all documentation and reports are legible and complete. Utilize the appropriate electronic medical record system for patient encounters. Attend any in-service training on current Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Make request for either patient or hospital information that cannot be handled by clinic personnel to the Patient unless directed by HCP.
- After normal duty hours, make requests to the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) or appropriate authorized peers shall release medical information without prior coordination with the AOD.
- Adhere to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA guidelines concerning universal precautions to patient, physician and MTF staff.
- Maintain Infection Control Program at all times while providing services under this contract.
- Perform all duties in such a manner that they meet all Joint Commission Accreditation standards.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience as a certified physician assistant prior to the commencement of this contract. Specialized experience is defined as: performing medical screening examinations, reviewing medical history, prescribing medications, interpreting radiographs and lab results, or diagnosing medical conditions on patients of all ages.
- Successful completion by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARCPA), or its predecessors, college, university, or educational institution that is accredited by an accrediting body or organization recognized by the Secretary, U. S. Department of Education.
- Successful completion of the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for continuing medical education (CME) and re-certification.
- Possess and maintain current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number.
- Health and immunization requirements: annual physical; annual TB test; annual influenza; MMR; varicella; Hepatitis B.
As required by Executive Order 14042, employees of federal contractors (this includes Katmai Government Services and all subsidiary companies) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., company site, government site, telework, work at home, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by your date of hire or as per current requirements (whichever is later). You may request a religious or medical accommodation and should request an accommodation at the earliest opportunity once selected. The company will require employees to comply with any future requirements under this or similar Orders, and the company will remove this requirement should the Executive Order be revoked or become obsolete.
- Possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- All contract HCPs must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for Basic Cardiac life support (BLS) through an American Heart Association approved training program. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) are desired.
- Viable provider must be proficient in English (reading, writing and spoken word), to effectively communicate with patients, families and fellow health care providers.
- Shall be computer literate as necessary for this position.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/ We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e – 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
- Salary: Starting at $133,00 per year
- Eligible Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Disability Insurance (STD & LTD), Personal & Family Medical Leave, 15 days of PTO, 11 paid holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with employer matching, FSA, EAP, and more
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Tacoma, WA
- $135,616 - $183,934 a year
- Tacoma, WA
- $122,990 - $166,816 a year