Full Job Description
Title: Teaching Associate – Vascular Surgery Inpatient Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
The Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery at the University of Washington is seeking a full-time Vascular Surgery Inpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide patient care at UWMC-Montlake. This position provides a faculty appointment at the rank of Teaching Associate in the Department of Surgery with an anticipated start date in Fall 2023.
The base salary range for this position will be: $10,084 – $14,334 per month ($121,008 – $172,008 annually) commensurate with years of experience as a licensed ARNP or PA , or as mandated by a U.S. Department of Labor prevailing wage determination. This range is inclusive of base salary provided through the UW Physicians (UWP) practice plan, in addition to base salary provided by the University. Other compensation associated with this position may include payments for vacancy coverage or premiums for factors such as acuity, nights, call should they apply to service. Please note that only compensation provided by the University is included in University benefit determinations and calculations. Compensation provided by UW Physicians (UWP) practice plan may provide eligibility for separate benefits offered by that organization.
For practitioners holding an appointment in one of the physicians practice plans, see the link for additional benefits that may be available at: https://faculty.uwmedicine.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/UWP-Benefits-Summary-for-recruitingef-edits-v3.pdf
The Vascular Acute Care Service Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a member of the Vascular Surgery multidisciplinary team that includes physicians, fellows, residents, and RNs providing acute care services to patients and families. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing independent and collaborative patient management of vascular surgical patients following transfer from the intensive care unit through discharge to the outpatient setting. Teaching Associates hold annual appointments that align with a 12-month service period (July 1-June 30) and may be reappointed to subsequent annual terms. Faculty with 12-month service periods are paid for 11 months of service over a 12-month period (July-June), meaning the equivalent of one month is available for paid time off. University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work on a dedicated vascular surgery inter-professional team with, vascular surgeons, cardiothoracic intensive care APPs, inpatient RN staff, and outpatient RN staff.
2. Perform minor bedside procedures and wound management as needed
3. Provide a full spectrum of care for vascular acute care surgical patients
4. Participate in post-operative outpatient care in the vascular surgery clinic.
5. Participate in the education of nursing staff and surgical residents
6. Participate in quality improvement projects and process improvement activities for the Division of Vascular Surgery
7. Performs other related duties as required
1. Current and valid state Registered Nurse Licensure for ARNP or Physician Assistant licensure for PA-C
2. Graduate Degree from and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or accredited Physician Assistant Program
3. Nationally certified ARNP/PA with DEA
4. Proven excellence working in an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment
5. Effective interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in the care of patients undergoing Cardiothoracic Surgical procedures.
6. ACLS Certification
7. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
8. Basic computer knowledge and command of basic personal computer skills
Candidates should submit their application via Interfolio with cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
A summary of benefits associated with this title/rank can be found at https://hr.uw.edu/benefits/benefits-orientation/benefit-summary-pdfs/. Appointees solely employed and paid directly by a non-UW entity are not UW employees and are not eligible for UW or Washington State employee benefits.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
Review the University of Washington Privacy Notice for Demographic Data of Job Applicants and University Personnel to learn how your demographic data are protected, when the data may be used, and your rights.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or [email protected].
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements and Information
Under University of Washington (UW) Policy, University-compensated personnel must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or receive a UW-approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement will be a condition of any offer associated with this recruitment. For more information, please visit https://www.washington.edu/coronavirus/vaccination-requirement/.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Seattle, WA
- $10,326 - $15,391 a month
- Seattle, WA
- $105,934 a year