Full Job Description
The Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Washington is seeking a full-time Cardiothoracic Surgery Inpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide patient care at the University of Washington Medical Center-Montlake. The Cardiac Acute Care Service Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a member of the Cardiothoracic Surgery multidisciplinary team that includes physicians, fellows, residents, and RNs providing acute care services to patients and families. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing independent and collaborative patient management of cardiac surgical patients following transfer from the intensive care unit through discharge to the outpatient setting. This position provides a faculty appointment at the rank of Teaching Associate in the Department of Surgery, with an anticipated start date in Fall 2023. Teaching Associates hold annual appointments that align with a 12-month service period (July 1-June 30) and may be reappointed to subsequent annual terms. Faculty with 12-month service periods are paid for 11 months of service over a 12-month period (July-June), meaning the equivalent of one month is available for paid time off. University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service.
The base salary range for this position will be: $9,616 – $14,334 per month, $115,390 – $172,000 annually, commensurate with years of experience as a licensed ARNP or PA , or as mandated by a U.S. Department of Labor prevailing wage determination. This range is inclusive of base salary provided through the UW Physicians (UWP) practice plan, in addition to base salary provided by the University. Other compensation associated with this position may include payments for vacancy coverage or premiums for factors such as acuity, nights, call should they apply to service. Please note that only compensation provided by the University is included in University benefit determinations and calculations. Compensation provided by UW Physicians (UWP) practice plan may provide eligibility for separate benefits offered by that organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work on a dedicated cardiothoracic inter-professional team with other established APPs, Cardiothoracic surgeons, and Mechanical Circulatory support providers.
2. Perform minor bedside procedures and wound management as needed
3. Provide a full spectrum of care for cardiac acute care surgical patients
4. Participate in the education of nursing staff and surgical residents
5. Participate in quality improvement projects and process improvement activities for the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
6. Performs other related duties as required
1. Current and valid state Registered Nurse Licensure for ARNP or Physician Assistant licensure for PA-C
2. Graduate Degree from and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or accredited Physician Assistant Program
3. Nationally certified ARNP/PA with DEA
4. Proven excellence working in an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment
5. Effective interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in the care of patients undergoing Cardiothoracic Surgical procedures.
6. ACLS Certification
7. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
8. Basic computer knowledge and command of basic personal computer skills
Candidates should submit their application via Interfolio link below with cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Apply at: https://apply.interfolio.com/123604
For practitioners holding an appointment in one of the physicians practice plans, see the link for additional benefits that may be available at: https://faculty.uwmedicine.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/UWP-Benefits-Summary-for-recruitingef-edits-v3.pdf
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or [email protected].
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Employees of the University of Washington are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Seattle, WA
- $10,326 - $15,391 a month
- Seattle, WA
- $105,934 a year