Full Job Description
Need Physician Assistants/ Nurse Practitioners in Bremerton, WA and all throughout the state of Washington for Mobile Medical Units, Clinics, Pop-up Clinics, and Homebound Visits. Opportunities to travel to other states throughout the US, with reimbursement for most travel costs.
- 7 years of nursing experience
- At least 2 years of Relevant Professional Experience (INT – FAM – GEN – OCC- NP)
- Masters or better in Nursing accredited by ACEN, CCNE, or NCCPA
Seeking (INT – FAM – GEN – OCC) Nurse Practitioners/PA to provide the occupational and disability health exams for Veterans across the US, to include review medical history and associated records, interpret clinical data, complete written reports, and generate independent medical opinions. The medical exams are provided by Facilities that are in 75 US locations. The Tucson, AZ location is in need for a provider for 3-5 days a week, Clinic hours are 8a-5p.
In this rewarding role, you will:
- Occupational health exams to include pre-and post-employment and annual physicals
- Generalist approach to multi-system disability evaluations includes evaluations of conditions specific to the military operational environment like Gulf War and Prisoner of War.
- Most examinations are in-person evaluations, but some may be completed virtually or by medical record review only.
- General Aid and Attendance or Housebound physical examinations
- Completion of Veterans Benefits Administration Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) and questionnaires for other clients
- Provide primary medical evaluations to include, but are not limited to, patient assessment and medical record review.
- Initial review and interpretation of laboratory, pulmonary function, and ECG studies
- Order diagnostic studies as indicated
- Provide primary medical evaluations to include, but are not limited to, initial review of laboratory, pulmonary function, and ECG studies Documentation of examinee records in appropriate systems
- Collaboration with other professional and support staff as needed and communicate with internal and client team members in determining the most effective and evidence-based way forward on behalf of the examinee population
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Ideally, you will:
- Demonstrates compassion and professionalism and a commitment to providing excellent service and care
- From a primary care perspective, be able to fully assess the examinee’s health status through physical examinations.
- Excellent interpersonal manner and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, best proactive, and informed standard of care-centric, decision-making skills
- Able to work independently
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine medical opinions
- Technically competent with computers/tablets to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and using Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Unrestricted State medical licensure without limitations to perform full scope of authorized practice
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree accredited by one of the following (ACEN, CCNE, or NCCPA)
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience
- Specialty/sub-specialty clinical experience is also valued but not required.
- Experience conducting occupational/disability medical examinations preferred but not required.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and describes the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
- Electronic Medical Records
- MS Office
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Willing to perform Range of Motion (using a Goniometer)
- Pap’s, Pelvic and Rectal exams
- Smell and Taste exams
- Full exams on the Musculoskeletal
- Address Diabetes
*Must have a laptop. Internet access will be provided during work hours.
Please know that all CVs need to be presented in chronological order for jobs and education with the month and year range (Start and End) for each entry. If there is more than a 30 day gap, please provide a brief explanation for the gaps. (Example: start Jan 2021 – end Jan 2022 or 01/2021 to 01/2022 format) (Example of Brief explanation: Vacation Feb 22 to March 22).
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $1,200.00 per day
- Flexible schedule
- Family Medicine
- General Practice
- 8 hour shift
- healthcare: 7 years (Preferred)
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License (Preferred)
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed