Full Job Description
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 450 providers including over 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State.
At Proliance, our patients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire, develop and engage great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and encourage growth and development to make our organization a great place to work. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think to create Exceptional Outcomes, Personally Delivered.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit and pay package including health coverage, 401k with match and profit share, PTO and more! Check out our main career site for more details at www.proliancesurgeons.com/careers
Be Part of Who We Are!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Report 15 minutes prior to OR/ASC start time.
– Complete pre- and post-operative orders.
- Update H&P if appropriate.
- Assist in templating patient radiographs pre-operatively if required.
- Assist with patient positioning, skin prep, administration of local anesthetic, preparation of equipment, etc.
- Function as first assistant for the surgical case.
- When appropriate, close surgical wound independent of physician, apply splints and dressings.
- Help with turnover and OR flow.
- Round on all patients before surgery or clinic on weekday mornings.
- Complete orders and discharge summaries.
- Perform and dictate consults on ER and inpatients as requested by the physician.
- Provide injections when appropriate.
- Respond to patient voicemail inquiries when available.
– Prescribe pre- and post-operative medications when asked.
- Manage clinic in the absence of sponsoring physician if required.
- Participate in a shared call pool with the other P.A.s to provide backup coverage to physicians when on ER call.
- Serve as primary contact for existing patient-related calls during ER and Office on-call weeks (physician fields ER/trauma calls).
- Serve as First Assist for any after-hours or weekend surgical cases during call weeks.
- P.A. will receive additional compensation for weeks spent on-call.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may be performed in an office and clinical environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. May requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to encompass essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person. Other functions may be assigned, and leadership retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.