Full Job Description
OrthoVirginia, Virginia’s largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking afull-time, licensed Physician Assistant (PA) to join our team! Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
The APP will support our growing Orthopedic Trauma service line. The primary work location with be in Reston, VA. You will work closely and collaboratively with 1 primary ortho trauma surgeon and a PA delivering comprehensive orthopedic trauma and musculoskeletal care. The setting is primarily inpatient and surgery based, with some cross-coverage support in the clinic setting.
Benefits and pay range
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Onboarding and training program included
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Statewide APP council provides resources and professional growth opportunities
- No nights or weekends
- No activation call
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs physical examination, compiles medical data and records medical history and implements a treatment plan on new and established patients
- Performs ED and inpatient consultations
- Coordinates logistics with OR
- First assist in the operating room
- Rounds on inpatient trauma patients
- Orders appropriate diagnostic studies when indicated
- Instructs patients and families regarding treatment plan and medications
- Consults with physician when warranted to assess patient condition and treatment
- Ensures that medical charts and administrative paperwork is completed in a timely manner
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care upon discharge
- Provides follow-up care to patients according to practice guidelines
- Supports the patient and family by explaining the procedure experience with specific instructions to the patient and family regarding their responsibility in the outpatient process
- Performs within guidelines of specific privileges approved by the governing body and delegated by the collaborating physician
- Monitors patients and administers medications according to Facility policy
- Provides support to medical and office staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assess situations, resolve within scope of ability, or escalate as appropriate
- Ability to respond effectively to emergencies, actual events or drills.
- Ability to follow instructions with little supervision
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in all aspects of role
- Demonstrates initiative and is a motivated learner
- Assists in completing paperwork for patients as indicated
- Travels between facilities when indicated, rarely
- Strong customer service skills and excellent communication skills
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Must maintain CEU’s in pertinent clinical practice according to licensure requirements.
- ACLS/BLS Certification must be maintained.
- Orthopedic experience required.
- VA license
Closing and application instructions
Hiring to take place as soon as possible. Excellent training and onboarding opportunity with our trauma team in Reston, VA.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Portsmouth, VA
- $110,000 - $140,000 a year