Full Job Description
What’s next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
- includes domestic partner coverage
The Clinical Coordinator position coordinates clinical placements for students in the Physician Assistant Program. The incumbent will be responsible for administrative duties of clinical rotation scheduling and assisting the clinical team with clinical phase program evaluation. The Clinical Coordinator must also participate in activities that promote the stature of the department and the campus. Incumbent must ensure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and an environment that is conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion‐is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Independently initiate clinical department activities.
- Collect, track and process data for student practicum and internships sites. Supervise office procedures and operations.
- Guide students through the placement process and preparing application materials for submission and tracking at clinical sites
- Ensure proper documentation procedures with regard to contracts, students evaluations.
- Oversee, administer and maintain forms required for the Clinical Education year within the PA Department.
- Perform basic administrative tasks for the Director of Clinical Education and assist with special projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience in higher education or health care setting preferred
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Experience with hospital credentialing processes preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student population.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers(e.g. students, staff, etc.)and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities and work schedule.
- Ability to supervise part-time student workers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference, and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures, and perspectives can thrive.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Glen Allen, VA
- $80 - $100 an hour