Full Job Description
You belong at St. Luke’s: Our family celebrates and supports you and encourages you to grow. Our family is there for you on the good days, the challenging days and everything in between. Join the St. Luke’s family, and see how you can be part of making life better for our patients, their families and each other. Position Details: Full-Time Day Position Digestive Consultants in the St. Luke’s Medical Group Description:
Responsible for delivering health care services and treatments to patients of the practice, as delegated by the Physician(s), within the scope of practice of the Physician Assistant, and in accordance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement with LLC and Physicians(s). Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
1. Elicit and record complete and pertinent medical history of patients. (9%)
2. Perform and record pertinent physical exam of patients. (9%)
3. Order appropriate diagnostic tests for patients. (9%)
4. Assess disease states based on history, physical and diagnostic testing, within PA’s scope of practice and consistent with skills, training, and competence. (9%)
5. Initiate or modify nursing or medical regimens and prescribe appropriate pharmaceutical agents, within PA’s scope of practice and consistent with NP’s skills, training, and competence. (9%)
6. Treat and provide follow-up care for patients. (9%)
7. Consult with physician in a timely manner, in accordance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement. (9%)
8. Record patient data and medical reports, as well as nursing assessments and treatment plans in the medical record. (9%)
9. Instruct and counsel patients in health care, health maintenance, medical problems, treatment plans, nutrition or related matters as may be appropriate. (9%)
10. Document office notes in a timely manner. (9%)
11. Pursue continuing education programs to maintain proficiency. (5%)
12. Performs other work duties as assigned. (5%)
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required
Current Missouri State License as a Physician Assistant required
Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants is required
1. Basic computer skills are required.
2. Good verbal and documentation skills are required.
The assessment, care and treatment provided by the PA will be consistent with the specific age related needs of the patient. The PA is competent to care for patient age groups consistent with the specialties of the physician(s) in the practice.