Full Job Description
*We’re likely to expand our presence in Virginia and will be hiring in the Suffolk area in the coming months, see below for what we’ll be looking for, and feel free to drop your resume so we can update you as our hiring needs emerge.*
Lightyear Health is looking for an empathetic and tech-savvy Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to become part of our growing company that improves functional independence and quality of life. This role has ample work/life balance, as there are no on-call shifts, and we offer a flexible schedule.
We are a healthcare technology startup that is changing what it means for patients to function optimally by delivering accessible, proactive, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) consultative services. Our team collaborates with individuals, families, and caregivers to design personalized care plans that address the holistic needs of each patient.
To help us achieve our mission, we are looking to hire a clinician who envisions a world where every patient has access to the world’s best healthcare.
As a key member of our PM&R team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Conduct in-person visits with patients in skilled nursing facilities focused on mobility, functional recovery, and overall quality of care
- You will develop expertise in the specialty of PM&R, working with best-in-class PM&R physicians to develop care plans and treatment recommendations for pain management and the improvement of functional independence
- Provide consultation and make treatment recommendations in conjunction with members of the skilled nursing facility staff using a team-based approach
The most important skills for the role are:
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant licensed in Virginia
- Efficiency and productivity with workflows and clinical triage / care
- Empathy and a genuine interest in providing care for patients with rehabilitation needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, high integrity, and ability to collaborate with patients, families, and the care team to accomplish life-changing outcomes
In addition to the above, it would be great if you also have (but not required):
- Experience working in SNFs or acute rehab setting
- Experience in PM&R, geriatrics, orthopedics, neurology, palliative care, pain management
Vaccinations & Credentials
Our vaccination policy for all clinical staff aligns with CDC’s guidelines, including the Covid-19 vaccine and booster. Practitioners at Lightyear Health are responsible for meeting and complying with our credentialing verifications processes, clinical standards, health screenings, and vaccination policies at all times. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to ensure that your licenses, certifications, and credentials are kept up to date and in good standing.
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
At Lightyear Health, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. If you’re motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits for full-time W-2 employees include:
- Flexible vacation time (and the ability to use it!), including holidays off
- Generous employer-contributed medical, vision, and dental health plans
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Internet reimbursement for remote employees
More about us:
- Team: we have a diverse team, made up of clinical and non-clinical individuals all driven by our mission
- Transparency: we host monthly All Hands meetings where new employees are introduced, company updates are shared, and no question is too big or too small to be answered
- Remote-first: we are a distributed team across the US and Canada – we value collaboration and relationship building while respecting our team’s geographies and time zones
- Markets: Lightyear Health partners with facilities in the US, currently providing care for patients in California, Texas, Virginia, and Ohio
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Arlington, VA
- $100,000 - $120,000 a year
- Woodbridge, VA
- $100,000 - $120,000 a year