Full Job Description
2. Performs physical examinations.
3. Orders laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies and other diagnostic procedures.
4. May perform central line placement, arterial line placement, intubation, paracentesis, thoracentesis, chest tube placement and management, cardioversion, lumbar punctures.
5. Monitors the level of and adjusts immunosuppressive medications.
6. Orders and supervises the administration of blood products.
7. Formulates appropriate differential diagnosis diagnosis of medical, surgical and other conditions.
8. Develops treatment plans in conjunction with attending physician to provide optimal patient medical management.
9. Participates in continuing medical education to include specialty and sub-specialty meetings, clubs, boards and conferences.
10. Assists in the collection of data for research projects
11. Orders consultations and interacts with members of other specialty medical teams.
12. Participates in special projects and committee functions.
Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
Ability to provide care appropriate to the population served.
Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician’s Assistant from the State of Utah.
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Certification in ACLS/BLS/NRP/ATLS may be required by your department or by privileging criteria.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (
383 University Street, Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at
For more information:
To inquire about this posting, email:
or call 801-581-2300.
service, may elect to enroll in
if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from
are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed to practice as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Utah?
- If not currently licensed, but in the process of obtaining PA licensure, please explain, including anticipated licensure date:
(Open Ended Question)
- List of References
- Cover Letter
- Addendum to the University of Utah – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169 after submission
- Appropriate discharge document (such as a DD-214 – Member Copy 4) – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Salt Lake City, UT
- $80 - $95 an hour