Full Job Description
At Epiphany Dermatology, we’re working hard to make sure everybody has immediate access to the best skin care possible regardless of location, insurance type, financial status, or scheduling needs. To accomplish this, we know we need the right people in our corner.
Our employees are the key to our success and the reason why we were able to grow from a single location in 2015 to approximately 70 clinics spanning across 12 states today. As a token of our appreciation, we’re proud to be able to offer our employees some amazing benefits and perks including free employee medical, dental, vision, and short-term disability options. We even offer DailyPay as a way for staff to receive their pay early or even daily! Most importantly, we invest in our employees’ development so when they join the Epiphany Dermatology team it’s a career, not just another job.
We understand you have a lot of options when it comes to your career however, by joining Epiphany Dermatology you’ll be part of a mission driven team of dedicated individuals, who want to see you thrive!
If you are looking for an exciting growth opportunity in a dynamic team, who puts patients first, then look no further. Epiphany Dermatology is the home for you!
Job Summary: Physician Assistants provide medical, surgical and/or cosmetic medical care to ensure the highest standard of patient care is provided independently, under the supervision of a board-certified dermatologist.
What you’ll do:
- Provides excellent patient care as per company and regulatory requirements under direct supervision of a board-certified dermatologist (supervising physician).
- Assures that the patient’s treatment is monitored and coordinated in concert with the Organization’s clinical policies, and guidelines.
- Assures that medical record documentation of care meets established clinical quality and compliance standards.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Adheres to Medical Board requirements for supervision.
- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
If you’re focused on providing excellent dermatological care and understands the importance of doing your best to take care of every patient … we want to talk to you!
Responsibilities for Maintaining Role:
- Maintains positive relationships with patients/families, peers, vendors and other team members.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and team. Receives and applies constructive input for performance improvement and individual growth.
- Consistently demonstrates Epiphany’s Core Values, contributing to a team-based, collaborative culture.
- Adheres to Compliance program. Safeguards PHI and financial information, utilizing HIPAA confidentiality, privacy and security standards and policies.
- Fully complies with OSHA workplace safety regulations.
- Maintains PA or NP licensure and certifications with CME annual requirements.
- Maintains professional affiliations, keeping abreast of current trends in related healthcare fields.
- Maintains skills and scientific knowledge consistent with expert practices in Dermatology.
- Adheres to Compliance program. Safeguards PHI, utilizing HIPAA confidentiality, privacy and security standards and policies.
- Maintains OSHA and other compliance standards throughout the Organization, including the Lab.
Performance Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work with an Electronic Health Record and other related E-Systems.
- Works efficiently and conscientiously in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful completion of a registered Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner education program. Active and unrestricted PA or NP license in state of practice.
- At least 2 years experience in Dermatology specialty preferred.
- CPR certification
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills essential.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Medical office, procedure/exam room and laboratory environment may include exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, biohazards or toxic substances. Daily activities may include standing, walking, sitting, bending and lifting items up to 30 lbs.
We offer generous benefits such as Free Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability for employee. We also offer 401k (with company matching!), Employee Discounts, FSA/Dependent care, HSA, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term Disability, Accident, Life Insurance, plus more.