Full Job Description
Psychiatry Physician Assistant
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio has an opening for a Physician Assistant with experience in child and adolescent psychiatry. This position will hold a faculty appointment of Specialist (Non-Tenure Track).
Selected applicant will serve as a Physician Assistant in Psychiatry under the supervision of physicians and in collaboration with other members of the health care team to provide medical care to school-aged students in the outpatient setting. Selected applicant will be responsible for providing high quality, efficient, team-based medical care and treatments to patients in TCHATT (Texas Child Health Access Through Telemedicine). TCHATT is an initiative of the Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium (TCMHCC), created by the 86th Texas Legislature to leverage the expertise and capacity of the health-related institutions of higher education to address child and adolescent mental health challenges and improve the mental health care system in the state of Texas.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program is required.
Certification with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), Physician Assistant Licensure with the Texas Medical Board, and DEA required.
- Provides specialty medical care in a clinical setting under the supervision of licensed physicians working through physician approved protocols.
- Secures and evaluates medical and behavioral health and developmental history of the patient and provides health maintenance and anticipatory guidance.
- Evaluates patients in a clinic.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care; documents all patient/provider communication and interventions.
- Performs basic physical assessment using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation, and percussion.
- Distinguishes between normal and abnormal findings obtained by history, physical screening, behavioral assessments, and in collaboration with the designated physician, implements an appropriate management plan.
- Executes physician’s orders such treatments, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as prescribed in accordance with legal, ethical, and institutional standards.
- Assures quality assurance standards are met by following all guidelines of physicians and clinic.
- Instructs and counsels patients on various medical related subjects, especially related to mental and behavioral health.
- Provides follow up and health maintenance care to patients in accordance with established protocols or specific instructions of the physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No experience needed. Previous experience working with in child and adolescent psychiatry preferred.
For more information regarding this opportunity and/or to apply for this position, please navigate to the UT Health Careers portal at: https://uthscsa.referrals.selectminds.com/faculty
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities. All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- San Antonio, TX
- $115,000 - $132,000 a year
- San Antonio, TX
- From $50 an hour