Full Job Description
Specialization: Surgery Transplant
Texas Transplant Physician Group, a department of Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, is seeking an Acute Care Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our kidney transplant team in San Antonio, Texas.
- Inpatient acute care experience required
- Nephrology experience is ideal, however, not required
- Texas license, or eligible for Texas licensure
Position Highlights & Requirements:
- No call and no weekends required!
- Participates in daily transplant rounds reviewing all patients admitted under the transplant service and reviews plan of care
- Conducts daily visits and physical assessments on inpatients, along with interpreting lab results, diagnostic testing, medication management
- Coordination of care with other multidisciplinary team members for successful management of the patient and discharge planning, and long-term care follow-up
- Competitive compensation and benefits
About Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant Kidney program:
- The kidney transplant program at Texas Transplant Institute, on the campus of Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, is the fourth largest kidney transplant program in the U.S. and cares for more than 3,000 patients throughout Texas
- The kidney transplant program is the largest living donor transplant program in the U.S.
- The kidney transplant program is the largest single center paired donor program in the U.S.
- The kidney transplant program is the largest Hispanic transplant program in the U.S.
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio’s MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.