Full Job Description
The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Division in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital is recruiting Advanced Practice Providers to work in the Developmental Therapeutics program.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
Scope of practice:
- Direct patient care of children with recurrent or refractory cancers who are enrolled on clinical trials of new investigational agents.
- Patient and family education, as well as staff education
- Implementation of research protocols in conjunction with physician leadership is also involved.
- Potential for some general hematology/oncology outpatient clinical time
- Clinical or basic science research opportunities may be available on a case-by-case basis and may be discussed with Section leadership during the application process.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- For Nurse Practitioners: Master’s degree in in Nursing. Acute Care Certification(CPNP-AC) required.
- For Physician Assistants: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
Experience Required: None required, though preferred.
- For Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice
- Nurse (APRN), and acute care certification (CPNP-AC) required. For Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Houston, TX
- $122,500 a year