Full Job Description
The Division of Pediatric Neurology & Developmental Neuroscience, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, is pleased to announce vacancies for an Instructor at Texas Children’s Hospital Woodlands campus. The academic appointment of Instructor will be in the Section of Pediatric Neurology & Developmental Neuroscience of the Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine.
With a proposed CART of 100% clinical effort, this junior level faculty member will be located at our Woodlands campus. The Instructor will work alongside senior faculty colleagues, fellows, and advanced level practitioners, in the care of patients for General Neurology. This candidate will assist with in patient call, fellows clinic, and reducing our wait list of patients for General Neurology.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- For Nurse Practitioners: Master’s degree in in Nursing. Acute Care Certification (CPNP-AC) required.
- For Physician Assistants: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
Experience Required: None required
- For Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN), and acute care certification (CPNP-AC) required.
- For Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department. o Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Houston, TX
- $100,000 - $120,000 a year
- Houston, TX