Full Job Description
Summary: We are seeking a Physician Assistant to work with our Orthopaedic surgeons. It is a combination of hospital and clinical/office hours. A successful candidate must possess excellent people skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to work within a team environment. The candidate will join an experienced mid-level staff. Surgical experience required, orthopeadic experience preferred.
- Administers office and hospital patient care, including first assist during surgery.
- Coordinates pre/post-operative care
- Examines patients, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Reviews prior medical records and diagnostic studies
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Maintains appropriate level of documentation for patient chart.
- Provides follow-up treatments and care to patients in accordance with protocols established by physician.
- Obtains admission History and Physical (H&P)
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Participates in call schedule including, at a minimum, call with the respective attending with additional days as requested with another OAA physician.
- Promotes vision and mission statement of the group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant program accredited by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), and
- Current Physician Assistant Certification, and
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in Pennsylvania
- One (1) to three (3) years of surgical experience preferred
- Required Certifications:
- Act 34 PA Criminal Background
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse History
- Act 114 FBI Cogent Clearance Fingerprinting
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a positive rapport with patients and staff members
- Decision making and team leadership experience
- Ability to multitask
- Possess excellent people skills
- Strong computer skills with electronic medical records experience
- Self-motivated, flexible team player
- Bi-lingual/Spanish skills for interpreting a plus
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Eagleville, PA