This job posting is expired. You can find similar job postings below.
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Supervising Physician or Designated Agent, provides medical and surgical services to patients of the assigned clinic. Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of practice as a dependent medical practitioner.
Functions in collaborative relationships with consulting physicians as clinically indicated. Participates in the daily functions and staff rotations as directed by the Medical Director and Clinic Manager. Follows all organizational, regulatory and human resource policies and procedures as established by Legacy Portland Hospitals under the direction of the Clinic Manager. Practice includes full participation in outpatient care.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Clinical (Hospital, outpatient clinic):
- Surgical assistance
- Hospital admission/Consult/Rounding
- Outpatient office visits
Outpatient: Participates in Medical Specialty Outpatient Clinic:
- Evaluates patients in the specialty outpatient clinic
- Assures essential studies are performed prior to clinic visit
- Examines and interviews patient and family
- Presents case with recommendations to supervising physicians, as necessary
- Arranges all sub-specialty follow-up
- Communicates with PCPs
- Performs dictation of history/physical, clinical notes, imaging studies and discharge summary
- Oversees medications for outpatient care
- Arranges appropriate outpatient therapy, referral system within Legacy to be maximally utilize
Continuous Quality Improvement: Participates as part of the health care team in making the Service operate smoothly:
- Works closely with Medical Director and the Clinic Manager of the service to improve care delivery operations.
- Participates in the statistical collections, review of productivity, operational flow, roles and task of related departmental support.
- Actively takes part in all quality assurance activities such as case review, audit and continuing education activities, statistic collection, and development of practice protocols, under the direction of the Medical Director, and the Clinic Manager.
- Proactively participates in process improvement teams (PIT), as appropriate
As required by licensure.
Full scope women’s healthcare and oncology experience preferred.
- Physician Assistant (PA-C) license required.
- Current CPR License required.
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association.
- Active member in good standing of Hospital Medical Staff.
- Able to conduct research.
- Ability to work with people in a diplomatic and tactful manner, utilizing effective leadership and group process skills.
- Demonstrated competency in clinical care, as appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs; knowledge of growth and development; and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.
For additional information please formally apply or contact Erin Pendergraft at [email protected].