Full Job Description
It’s more than a career, it’s a calling
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital – Oklahoma City
Seeking Thoracic & Cardiovascular PA-C in Oklahoma City, OK
SSM Health Medical Group s seeking a Physician Assistant for our Cardiac & Thoracic surgery department. The PA opportunity will include clinic visits, hospital rounding and assisting in surgery. Ideal candidates will certified Physician Assistants and will have surgical assisting experience. Experience working in a surgical- focused clinic is a plus. Most importantly, our chosen candidate will be dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate care for Oklahomans
Opportunity Highlights Include:
Employed by SSM Health Medical Group
Clinic on SSM Health St. Anthony Campus
Partner with Experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeon
See Follow-Up’s & Post Op Patients
Rounding on Inpatient Cases
Assist in Surgical Cases
Monday through Friday Schedule
Some Weekend Call for Emergent Surgical Cases
Using Epic for EMR
Supportive Physicians & Support Staff in Clinic
SSM Health in Oklahoma
Oklahomans are known for their commitment, compassion and care. As Oklahomans ourselves, we promise to deliver those same values to every person who steps through our doors.
You can trust that when you’re here, you’re heard. You’re prayed with, and you’re understood. Because that’s how healing happens – through the power of presence.
We are Saints in Action. Here for Oklahoma.
Under the direction of the Division Chiefs and in collaboration with the Medical Director and OMA, responsible for serving as a liaison for Advanced Practitioners in the Urology, Plastic Surgery, Gastroenterology and ENT divisions. Designation of Time: At least 50% of time designated to Surgical/Hospital Procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Attends initially a patient in any setting to obtain a personal medical history, perform an appropriate physical examination, and record and present pertinent data concerning the patient in a manner meaningful to the supervising physician.
- Performs various procedures under the supervision of the physician, including suturing and care of wounds, placement of arterial and venous catheters, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, placement and/or removal of chest tubes, and dressing changes.
- Perform advanced surgical procedures according to privileging credentials.
- Assists the physicians in the hospital by making patient rounds, recording patient progress notes, compiling and recording discharge summaries, and accurately writing and executing orders under the supervision of a physician and with physician.
- Performs independently evaluative and treatment procedures necessary to provide an appropriate response to life-threatening emergency situations.
- Facilitates referral of patients to other appropriate community health care facilities, agencies and resources.
- Issues written prescription orders for drugs under the supervision of the physician.
- Assists in the delivery of medical care to the patient by reviewing and monitoring treatment and therapy plans.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a health care related field and advanced certifications
- One year healthcare experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application for Physician Assistant – Oklahoma Medical Board, Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE – Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days – American Heart Association (AHA), Physician Assistant in Medicine, Licensed – Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR), Physician Assistant – Missouri Division of Professional Registration, Physician Assistant – Oklahoma Medical Board, Physician Assistant – Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
Day Shift (United States of America)
6100000040 SAPO HEART and VASCULAR
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Oklahoma City, OK