Full Job Description
INTEGRIS Health, Oklahoma’s largest not-for-profit health system has a great opportunity for a Physician Assistant in Edmond, Oklahoma. In this position, you’ll work full-time, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm with our Edmond East Family Care Clinic team providing exceptional care to those who have entrusted INTEGRIS Health with their healthcare needs. If our mission of partnering with people to live healthier lives speaks to you, apply today. We invite you to join us as we strive to be The Most Trusted Partner for Health.
Learn more about us: https://integrisok.com/locations/family-care-clinic/medical-group-edmond-east
The Physician Assistant provides medical consultation, routine patient care, and follow-up as directed. The Physician Assistant assists physician with procedures and serves as a liaison between the physician and the patient.
Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Physician Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Initiates and completes a detailed patient assessment
- Diagnoses the actual or potential health problem or need, based upon an analysis of the data collected, and plans therapeutic intervention
- Orders and initiates appropriate laboratory tests, medication, treatment, and consultation based upon an analysis of the data collected
- Orders or performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing (not involving tendons, arteries or nerves) wound care, venous and arterial blood draws, and managing simple conditions produced by infection, trauma or other disease processes
- Educates the patient regarding prescribed treatment and medications
- Maintains timely documentation of the patient’s medical record
- Makes rounds as requested by physician(s); completes patient discharge summaries as requested.
- ISMC Neurosurgical only: Ensures all necessary patient tests (i.e. pre-op labs, EKG’s, x-ray’s, etc.) have been completed in prior to surgery. Assists physician(s) in surgery (i.e. wound closure, fitting of braces, post op orders, etc.). Provides wound care and infection management.
- Metro ER only: Assists in triage and initiates radiographic and laboratory studies for patients to be seen in the main Emergency Department or Minor Care. May examine, treat, and make disposition on patients in triage under the direct physician supervision as time allows
- Mental Health Only: Responsible for patient assessment following therapeutic holds per state and federal regulations.
The Physician Assistant reports to the supervising physician and department management.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information. Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
- Requires a degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Oklahoma
- Requires current BLS certification
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- ISMC Neurosurgical Dept Only: 1 year of experience in surgery setting preferred
- Emergency Department Only: 1 year of experience in a comprehensive emergency department setting preferred
- NZTI only: Current ACLS certification if working with adults required in acute care environments.
- Current PALS certification if working with children required in acute care environments.