Full Job Description
This is a part-time opportunity working approximately 16 hours/week, M-Th afternoons (1:00pm – 5:00pm).
General Summary: Educate and advise patients, diagnose and treat health problems, and provide general health care under the direction of the physician.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities: 1. Obtain medical histories. 2. Diagnose and treat health care and chronic diseases. 3. Order and interpret diagnostic studies such as labs and x-rays. 4. Prescribes medications and other treatments. 5. Promotes positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling. 6. Collaborate with physicians as needed. 7. Emphasizes wellness and self-care to patients and family members. 8. Researches medical findings and studies and incorporates as appropriate. 9. Selects cost-effective and appropriate diagnostic fees. 10. Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of nurse practitioner theory, practice and medical care, medical equipment and instruments, and OSHA regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and determine solutions in order to best serve the patients.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to a constantly changing work environment
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Adheres to clinic’s policies and procedures.
- Licensed as either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Ohio
- Masters degree from an accredited school.
- Certified as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant and CPR certification required.