Full Job Description
Theoria Medical is a comprehensive medical group and technology company dedicated to serving patients across the care continuum with an emphasis on post-acute care and primary care. Theoria serves facilities across the United States with a multitude of services to improve the quality of care delivered, refine facility processes, and enhance critical relationships. We offer a broad scope of services including multispecialty physician services, telemedicine, remote patient monitoring, and more. We currently operate primary care clinics and provide medical services to skilled nursing facilities in numerous states across the nation.
As a leading edge, innovative, and quality driven physician group, we continue to expand nationally. In pursuit of this, we continue to seek talented individuals to join our amazing team and care for our population. We wish to extend a warm welcome to all candidates interested in making a difference in healthcare delivery by joining the Theoria team
Theoria Medical is seeking dedicated physician assistants and nurse practitioners to join its team to provide high quality care at the skilled nursing facilities (SNF) it manages. We have a wide variety of roles available suited for providers in various stages of their careers with flexible scheduling in a positive work environment.
- On-call time is 7AM-1PM local time in which provider must be available to nursing staff and address acute/emergent issues that arise;
- In-person rounding shifts start around 7AM local time with flexibility within reason;
- Shifts are typically Monday-Friday, as scheduled and agreed upon
- Preference is given to providers willing to consistently work 2-3 days/week
- Weekend shifts are available
- Charting/documentation can be completed off-site;
- This is an in-person position
- Part-Time, Exempt
Compensation and Benefits
- wRVU productivity
- Malpractice insurance covered by employer
- Opportunities for training (i.e. wound care)
- Equipment may be covered (dependent upon # of shifts)
- All practice expenses covered
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provider is responsible for rounding and managing the clinical care of the population at the assigned SNF
- The provider is responsible for rounding daily and prescribing medications and treatments for residents residing at SNFs
- Provider will provide high quality, patient-centered, comprehensive primary care services to patients residing in SNFs
- Provider is responsible for timely documentation of all patient care/encounters
- The provider will be available for phone/secure messaging consultations with facility nursing staff
- Provider documentation is completed in Theoria’s proprietary electronic health record (EHR) system, ChartEasy™
- PointClickCare, MatrixCare, and American HealthTech are the most commonly used facility EHR systems
Requirements and Qualifications
- Candidate must hold a valid PA/NP license in the state in which they will practice
- Candidate must hold a valid NP/PA degree from an accredited institution
- Candidate must have an active DEA license (If new graduate, Theoria will assist with your application)
- General Post-Acute/SNF knowledge or experience preferred
- Candidate must be familiar with EMR systems and charting practices
- Must be able to move inside a facility frequently and briskly in order to see patients, meet with managers and facility staff, and attend to patient needs.
- Punctual in-person attendance (typically between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. is required (for rounders).
- Continuous operation of app-based EMR/notes system either through a computer or on a mobile device (iPad, Phone etc.).
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs in a facility.
- Some ability to position oneself to obtain records, tools, medical equipment and other items that may be in locations that are below the knee or above the shoulder.
- Effectively communicate with patients, managers, and Facility staff.
- Ability to observe details in close range (within a few feet of the observer) in order to provide accurate and appropriate medical recommendations, treatment, and to provide timely updates to Managers regarding facility or patient concerns.
- Must be able to lift or move at least 25 pounds.
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Requisition ID 5361561868
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $160,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- On call
- Monday to Friday
- Nursing home
- Skilled nursing facility
- Do you have your DEA license? If not, are you willing to apply for one?
- Are you certified through your professional association? (i.e. ANCC, AANP, NCCPA, ABIM, etc)?
- Would you be willing to relocate to another state for a similar position? If yes, please list what states are of interest to you. (Transfer not mandatory).
- If willing to travel, are you willing to obtain additional state licensing to travel and work in other states temporarily?
- Would you like to be considered for future opportunities in your area or other states? If yes, please indicate if only for local opportunities or if for other states.
- Has your professional license ever been suspended or is it currently under investigation?
- Are you a State Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in Ohio?
- Master’s (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Cleveland, OH
- $100,000 - $130,000 a year