Full Job Description
Physician Assistant (PA) S
- Current unrestricted certification and/or licensure
- Previous medical office or FQHC experience preferred.
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment).
- Knowledgeable in population health management in the underserved and/or vulnerable populations
- Understands ethics of confidentiality.
- Previous computer experience or training required.
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines.
- Sets an example as a medical professional by observing work start and stop times, giving adequate notice for absences, and following clinic’s operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate and relate well with patients, providers and clinical staff.
- Maintains current and unrestricted licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- Observes standards of medical care.
- Efficient, organized and accurate.
- Ability to stand for extended
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Frequent walking for short distances
- Repetitive motion work with keyboards and some limited physical activity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in 2010 Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and use of e-mail communication
- Problem analysis and problem solution at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- Graduation from an accredited program
- Current State of North Carolina NP or PA licensure/certification required
- Current DEA certificate required
- Board Certification if applicable
- Engages in a patient-centered approach to providing care for patients and their families
- Provides medical evaluation and treatment using standard medical procedures as part of the clinical care team. Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient, providing patient education as needed.
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals as needed to patients
- Reviews ancillary test results in a timely manner and coordinates notification and follow-up to the patients.
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as specialty providers, home health care, nursing home, or hospice.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
- Completion of all appropriate paperwork in a timely manner, including documentation to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines.
- Educates patients and/or families as to the nature of disease, provides instruction on proper care, self-management and treatment, and works with patient to develop an individualized care plan.
- Actively participates in the QI process by reviewing peer charts when appropriate and gives feedback to peers to support a culture of peer education and continual learning
- Perform other duties as assigned by his/her supervising physician, the Medical Director, Practice Manager and/or members of the Kintegra Health executive leadership team.
- Monday – Friday 8a-5p
- Weekends, evenings, and holidays off
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Time Off (Take time when you need it!)
- Excellent Insurance
- So much more!
Kintegra Health Core Requirements
1. Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
2. Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
3. Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
4. Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description
5. Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
Kintegra Health has implemented Covid-19 protocols for our current employees and new hires. We are committed to improving our society. For further information please reach out to Recruiting at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Spring Lake, NC
- $60 - $90 an hour