Full Job Description
CHS is seeking Full time, Part Time and Per Diem Staff Physicians Assistants to join our team at Rikers Island in East Elmhurst, NY to promote an academic practice environment with ample opportunities for continuous education, clear pathways for career growth and engagement of front-line staff in the ongoing process of improving clinical care. Staff Physicians Assistants provide primary care to patients in jail-based clinics, perform intake evaluation and treatment and provide emergency care with the support of Emergency Medicine physicians. Staff physicians Assistants work as part of a care delivery team with strong administrative support staff, integrated nursing and mental health. Compensation and benefits are competitive and malpractice is covered.
- Completes comprehensive histories and physicals on all new admissions.
- Diagnose and treating acute and chronic illness
- Evaluates the need for consult services and submitting the prioritized consult when indicated
- Reviews all on island/off-island specialty consult clinic and hospital returns.
- Evaluates the recommendations to ensure that the standard of care is met and implements the recommendations of the consultant
- Responds to emergencies and fire drills on a priority basis and in a timely and professional manner
- Be familiar with performance indicators (P.I.) and taking appropriate measures to comply with these standards
- Requests radiology exams, lab-tests, and EKG’s when indicated and interpreting these results in conjunction with the patient’s clinical status
- Notifying Urgicare for 3 hour/EMS runs Generates medical modifications as needed Maintains clinical competency by reviewing CHS protocols, current medical literature and C.M.E.’s
- Ensure that standard of care is maintained
- Adhere to policies and procedures of CHS and be familiar with them by reviewing them as needed
- Attends all mandatory in-services Complies with and maintaining Employee Health requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; some previous work experience required.
- State of New York Certified Physician’s Assistant; Certification by the National Commission onCertification of Physician’s Assistants.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree NY State Licensed Physician Assistant Familiar with EHR
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Commuter benefits
- Hiring salary: $122,011.50 – $151,183.50 annually