Full Job Description
Here at Optum, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a dedicated, patient-centric Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our growing Cardiology team at our Midtown, NYC location on East 34th Street. At Optum, we are evolving health care nationally while providing physician-led care locally so that everyone can have an opportunity to live their healthiest life. It’s everything health care should be. Together, for better health. Work with the world’s largest care delivery organization, reach for more and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
- Collegial multispecialty group practice with a large referral base
- Offices offer a broad array of cardiovascular services: exercise stress testing, non-invasive imaging, echocardiogram and vascular studies, nuclear stress testing, pacemakers, and defibrillators
- All specialties on the same EMR
- Robust in-house diagnostic testing facility
- Clinic days are 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Patient care including Inpatient/Outpatient Hospital Rounds as well as Cardiology in office/clinic
- Noninvasive cardiac testing such as echocardiography including TEE, vascular studies interpretation, and cardiac stress testing
- ECG and ambulatory ECG interpretation and reporting
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High-Quality Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being
- Clinicians are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Clinician-centric and clinician focused, with shared EMR across businesses to support coordinated care
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- Affiliations with prestigious organizations
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earning potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company
- Robust retirement offerings including employer funded contributions and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UHG Stock)
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
- Robust clinician learning and development programs
The Optum Story in the Tri-State Region:
Optum Tri-State was formed in 2022 by bringing together Riverside Medical Group, CareMount Medical and ProHealth Care. The regional alignment combines resources and services across the care continuum – from preventative medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond – and features 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State can provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. This dynamic position would afford you the opportunity to join a regional, inter-disciplinary care team of over 2,100 providers who serve nearly 2 million patients. Our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes. With Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organizations are some of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider
- Master’s degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment OR Possession of a Bachelor’s degree, together with a certificate from completing an American Medical Association approved physician assistant program. Licensed to practice in NYS
- Licensing: Registered Nurse with current unrestricted license to practice and use the title of Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in NYS or PA
- Possession of state and federal Controlled Substance Registration
- Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $110,040 to $139,000 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.