Full Job Description
Physician Assistant (PA) / Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Women’s Surgical Program (Hereditary BRCA Program)
Raise your career expectations as a PA or NP at Northwell Health:
· Named DiversityInc’s Top Hospital and Health System
· New York State’s largest private employer and healthcare provider
Glen Cove Hospital
101 St. Andrews Ln., Glen Cove, NY
Shift: Full Time, Days, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
In this role, you will perform a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation of patients with genetic mutations, such as BRCA. These patients are at risk of breast and ovarian cancer and choose to undergo risk-reduction surgery, including mastectomy, breast reconstruction, and oophorectomy.
This position is for Northwell Health’s Katz Women’s Surgical Center based out of Glen Cove Hospital. The provider in this role plays a crucial role in navigating and coordinating patients to the appropriate risk reduction surgical treatment plans. You would be responsible for educating your patients on why the surgeries are recommended, what to expect from surgeries and also be proactive in the care the patients would need post-surgery. While the focus of the role is to navigate your patients, you will also have the opportunity to scrub in the OR as well. Finally, the provider can participate in performance improvement, research, and educational activities. This is an incredible opportunity to shape and influence a one-of-a-kind program in the region, while gaining professional satisfaction and development.
· Competitive pay, multiple shift options, and comprehensive benefits
· Tuition reimbursement, our Institute for Nursing, access to LinkedIn Learning and additional educational opportunities through our Center for Learning and Innovation
· Career growth and development with resources dedicated to career movement from within the organization, including leadership development programs
· Mentorships, fellowships and nurse residency programs for new and experienced nurses
· Wellness programs including walk challenges, wellness apps and workshops, awards, and employee recognition programs, among others
- An award-winning, military-friendly employer with professional programs for veterans and active-duty military service members
Physician Assistant Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree, required. Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs ARC-PA) program, required.
· Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
· Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
· Current BLS certification, required.
Nurse Practitioner Job Qualifications:
· Master’s degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program and National Board Certification in specialty area required.
· Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State, and current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, required.
· Has a collaborative practice agreement with designated protocols filed with NYS Department of Education OR collaborative relationship attestation as per the Nurse Practitioner Modernization Act 2015.
· Current BLS certification, required.
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$180,000/year. *
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
Become a Health Raiser and discover a career well cared for at Northwell Health.
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year
- Day shift
Work Location: In person
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Syracuse, NY
- $125,000 - $150,000 a year