Full Job Description
Work under a supervising physician to provide patient care in our orthopaedic practice. The role specializes in providing care to patients with total joint replacements of the hip and knee, including Outpatient Total Joint, as well as fracture care. Will assist in the operating room when needed as well as manage an independent Mon-Fri schedule in the office seeing new and follow-up patients, as well performing in-office procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain patients complete medical history and physical data.
- Assess patient for developing and updating of treatment plans; implement treatment plans that have been reviewed and approved by supervising physician.
- Order diagnostic tests, including but not limited to radiology exams and laboratory studies.
- Provide patient education, effectively explaining the necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Review patient records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed, including but not limited to radiology and laboratory tests.
- Prescribe drugs, schedule III, IV and V controlled substances to the extent permitted by licensing and administer prescribed medications as directed; observe, record, and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician.
- Work closely with clinical support:
- Triage Nurse (RN) to ensure all patient questions and concerns are addressed, such as, make recommendations to address medical or post-operative complications, follow up to ensure successful outcomes.
- Scribe to handle chart prep and scribe notes while accompanying office visits
- Other support includes: Surgery Scheduler, DME Specialist, and LPN to handle casting, suture/staple removal, injection draws
- Attend continuing education courses as requested.
- Share on call responsibilities with supervising physician
Requirements and Qualifications
- Graduation from AMA accredited physician assistant program, including national certification as a physician assistant by the NCCPA.
- Current NYS Physician Assistant License.
- BS Health Sciences.
- Position requires full range of body motion including ability to position and move patients.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health (with employer contribution), dental, and vision insurance, employer paid base life, and other voluntary benefits*. Time off benefits include paid combined time off (CTO) and seven paid holidays, plus a floating holiday after one year of service. Retirement benefits include a 401(k) with company contribution and profit sharing after one year of service. Qualified team members become eligible to participate in medical benefits on the 1st of the month following date of hire, and retirement benefits after 90 days.
We also provide professional development opportunities, flexible work schedules, wellness incentives, healthy vending options, and relaxed dress code on Fridays. Our community-focused culture encourages participation in local events, fundraisers, and causes chosen by our team. We are committed to providing our employees with the resources they need to thrive both personally and professionally.
*Other voluntary benefits include Voluntary Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and legal and identity protection and pet insurance
Who We Are
Excelsior Orthopaedics is a multi-specialty orthopedic practice that has been providing comprehensive care since 2002. We have multiple locations throughout the Western New York region and a free-standing ambulatory surgery center, Buffalo Surgery Center. Excelsior Orthopaedics offers a suite of in-house services including general orthopaedic evaluation and treatment, podiatry, physical & occupational therapy, nutrition counseling, sports training, outreach athletic training, orthopaedic express care, imaging, durable medical equipment, and an outpatient total joint program. Buffalo Surgery Center provides surgical and procedural treatments for orthopaedic, pain and spine, podiatry, total joint replacement, and gastrointestinal patients. Our mission is to transform the lives of our patients by restoring function and enhancing quality of life. We are committed to innovative care that is driven by patient needs and supported by the most skilled, experienced team in Western New York.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $168,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed