Full Job Description
New Brunswick, NJ
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
ID Care PA – New Brunswick, NJ
ID Care is seeking a Full-Time Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner in our New Brunswick office; wound care experience preferred. If interested in the position, please read the job description below and apply.
Immediate Supervisor Title: Collaborating Physician
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
General Summary: An exempt position responsible for providing infectious disease services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, and educating patients. Provides health care to patients in acute and sub-acute facilities and medical office settings. Works in consultation, cooperation, and coordination with a collaborative physician. Functions according to the established standards and practices of medicine for Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of New Jersey.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/perform appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Documents findings and actions appropriately in the patient’s medical record.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
- Collaborates with the clinical team in managing the acute and long-term medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of care according to treatment plan.
- Utilizes leadership and professional development skills to assure quality patient care.
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
Equipment Operated: Standard medical examination equipment and instruments. Competence with operating digital equipment to include various communication and documentation platforms and common office software for word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets.
Work Environment: Fast paced acute and sub-acute facilities and medical office environments. Frequent occupational exposure to communicable diseases, blood, infectious materials, and toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Education and Work Experience:
- Successful completion of an accredited Advanced Practitioner training program and certification from the State of New Jersey to practice as an Advance Practice Nurse.
- Current state registered nurse license. Current state certification as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority. Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of advanced practice of nursing including anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology and therapeutics, basic nutrition, behavioral factors, psychosocial/family systems, diagnostic testing, interpretation of results and clinical decision making, alternative treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care, and professional ethics related to the delivery of nursing care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments used to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of health promotion, health risk identification, and patient education principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of community, professional, and educational resources.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Knowledge of evaluation and management (E&M) coding guidelines and demonstrates appropriate application of those guidelines as evidenced by accurate E&M coding.
- Ability to analyze complex data and draw conclusions using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinical staff, and the public.
- Understanding and ability to follow OSHA requirements and provide instruction to staff on safety hazards and precautions.
- Ability to successful manage conflict.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Adherence to Policies/Practice:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and values of ID CARE, P.A.
- Participates in ID CARE’s coding compliance training and audits.
- At all times, projects an image of personal and professional competence that enhances the reputation of ID CARE, P.A.
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA requirements and patient confidentiality.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and may involve irregular working hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $135,000.00 per year
- Influenza: All employees of ID Care shall be provided the influence vaccine. Employees will be required to obtain the influenza vaccine by December 1 of each calendar year.
- Covid: As of 8/1/2021, current ID Care employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. Employees may receive the vaccine from a provider, pharmacy, or outside health facility of choice. Staff are considered fully vaccinated: • 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Effective 1/3/2022 Administration of an additional dose of vaccine 2 months after a JNJ vaccine and 6 months after an mRNA vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) are required to be fully vaccinated.
ID Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 – $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Infectious Disease
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Brunswick, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- PA-C (Preferred)
- Physician Assistant License (Preferred)
- APRN (Required)
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed